How Much Do Wiper Blades Cost?
Working windshield wiper blades are essential to safe driving. According to streakfreewiperblades.com, wiper blades should be replaced if the blade is streaky, spotty, skipping, or smearing. The cause of this could be that the blade is torn, has sun damage, or is frayed.
How much is it?
- Most wiper blades will cost $5-$20 each. In order to find the correct wiper blade for your car, you can ask a sales representative at any local auto parts store or you can use services such as MyWiperBlades.com to look up your car’s make and model.
- A highly popular product such as the Bosch 4822 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade retails for $10 to $21. This is a precision-cut natural rubber based wipe blade that has a patented design that provides superior resistance to ice and snow build-up.
What is going to be included?
- Most windshield wiper blades that you purchase will come with the blade as well as the arm that attaches the blade to your car. This will also come with a few different attachments, one of which will fit your car. Newer blades commonly may come with no brackets, making it easy to install them.
- Some packages of wiper blades will include two blades; others will include only one. Be sure you read the package carefully. It’s also best to make sure that you know exactly what blades are going to fit your car. Each and every blade is going to be different depending on the size of the blade. Most sites as well as brick and mortar stores will have catalogs and computers that you can use to find the specific size that will fit properly.
What are the extra costs?
- It is suggested that you change your windshield wiper blades every spring and fall. This mean that with an average of $12 per wiper blade twice a year, your yearly cost will be about $50. If you have a rear wiper as well, up this cost to about $75 per year.
- While optional, drivers prefer to purchase products such as Rain-X. This particular product will be sprayed onto the windshield, allowing rain to slip off the windshield easier. A bottle of this can start at $5.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Some wiper blades that are more expensive claim to last for 3 or even 5 years. If the wiper blade actually lasts this long, it could save you money. This is not always guaranteed, however.
- Read reviews online to see which brand is working the best for other drivers. Don’t be too cheap with your wipers as you may find that you’re going to get what you pay for.
- Try to avoid dealerships and oil change places as they will have a rather heavy markup. These tend to be an impromptu purchase, costing you upwards of 50 to 75% more compared to purchasing them inside of a store.
- If you’re unsure of how to change the blades, most local auto parts stores are going to be more than happy to install them for free as long as you purchase them directly from the store.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|