How Much Does a Blanket Cost?
A blanket is a larger piece of woven cloth that is intended to keep you warm. Blankets were traditionally made from wool; however, most blankets found in stores today are made from a synthetic fiber.
How much is it?
- The cost of a blanket will depend on the material being used, the size, the type, if it’s customized and where it’s being purchased from. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $5 to as much as $150 for a blanket found at a local store. Customized blankets or quilts that are handmade can easily cost more than a few hundred dollars.
- For example, a blanket that is made from 100% polyester and is available in a variety of colors can cost $20 to $45.
- If you have a baby that has sensitive skin, a baby blanket made from 100% cotton and that is hypo allergenic can cost $20 to $35.
- A blanket made from a Cashmere material can cost anywhere from $125 to as much as $400 depending on the size. Cashmere in considered to be the most luxurious material you can use for a blanket.
- A Chenille blanket can cost $25 to $65. Cotton blankets will range anywhere from $15 to as much as $85.
- Fleece blankets will range anywhere from $5 to as much as $45.
- As mentioned earlier, blanket is not hard to find. Any home good stores online or in store should carry them. Blankets can also be found online. Amazon for example, sells different types of blankets. One type of blanket being sold through their site is a queen size Micro Fleece Plush Solid blanket which is made from polyester. This blanket is sold for $30 to $40.
- Blankets nowadays can provide added heat with the help of heating pads attached to it. These are called electric or heated blankets. They have a heater attachment to apply extra heat to the body. This type of blanket can cost $70 to $110 depending on the size.
What is going to be included?
- Blankets are available in various sizes and are made from different materials. The materials used for the blanket will usually determine how much heat it can provide to the user. You can also choose from different colors and designs of blankets based on your preference.
- Blankets also come in many standard sizes designed for different bed. These sizes can include a twin, full, queen, king and California king.
- Some blankets are filled with different materials such as stuffing or feathers. This can add to the thickness as well as the weight of the blanket, which in turn adds to the heat the blanket provides.
- An electric blanket may come with a plug or may be battery operated. It will usually have a control on which you can adjust the heat the blanket emits. Some electric blankets have two sides with separate controls in case your spouse chooses a different temperature.
What are the extra costs?
- Blankets are already woven and specifically designed to be used right after you purchase them. Unless you purchase it online, there are no added costs involved when you buy one except for shipping fees.
- Customized blankets or quilts can get rather expensive if woven by hand. However, you will also be able to pick the specific patterns and color and even personalize it. Sometimes, this is worth the cost.
- If you purchase any type of blanket online, you may have to pay for shipping charges.
Tips to know:
- Some type of blankets can cause an allergic reaction depending on the sensitivity of the user. There are blankets that are hypo-allergenic and can provide a more comfortable experience when they are used.
- Be sure to note what type of material you are purchasing. Some material can keep you warmer than others.
- Make sure you follow the instruction for care and washing of the blanket. If you do it incorrectly, it could ruin the blanket.
- When you first purchase a blanket, you may want to wash it before its first use. You never know where the blanket has been before it ended up on the shelf!
How can I save money?
- There are literally hundreds of different kinds of blankets from which you can choose. They are all priced differently as well. You can check out blankets being sold at discounted rates as well, just do not sacrifice quality when trying to save money.
- By purchasing a blanket at the end of the cold season when spring is beginning, you may be able to find some on clearance. Look for end-of-season sales.
- Wait for sales or coupon codes when purchasing online. By doing so, you can save a good amount of money.
- Making you own blanket can be cheaper than buying one. However, blankets take a lot of time to make; since time is money to some people, it may not be worth the time and effort.