How Much Does a Boomerang Cost?
A boomerang is a wooden item often shaped in the form of an open flat V or a cross. Although this toy originated in Australia as a type of weapon, it is now common in almost all parts of the world and is used primarily as a toy, not a weapon. Usually made from thin aircraft plywood, plastics and high-end materials such as carbon fibre-reinforced plastics, modern-day boomerangs come in many shapes, sizes, colors, and designs.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a boomerang depend on the type, the materials it is made from, brand and where you purchase it from. Common boomerangs can cost just around $10 to $40.
- For instance, the Polypropylene Pro Sports Boomerang for children over the age of 10 retails for $11.95 to $20, while the Airdancer Foam Boomerang designed for younger children can be as low as $10.
- The website Boomerangs.com sells boomerangs of different shapes and colors at around $25 each. The boomerangs can also be bought by threes or by fives. A wooden boomerang, for example, can cost around $67 for 3 pieces and $106 for 5 pieces. Other types of boomerangs can be bought for under a hundred dollars for five pieces.
- Plastic boomerangs are known to be a lot cheaper than wooden ones. Flight-toys.com, for instance, sells plastic boomerangs that are less than ten dollars each. A particular boomerang on this site is sold for only $5 each and can be bought at $12 for three pieces, $16 for 5 and $26 for 10 pieces.
What is going to be included?
- The best way to purchase a boomerang is over the internet. You can choose and order from a wide array of boomerangs on different websites. You can even order from outside the country. However, you should consider the shipping fees. It may be that the payment for the shipping is higher than the cost of the item itself.
- You can purchase boomerangs which are made of plastic, wood or other high-end material such as carbon fibre-reinforced plastic. Whether you want a boomerang for decoration or for play, you can choose a returning or a non-returning boomerang in any design and color.
What are the extra costs?
- Shipping fees. As previously mentioned, there are shipping fees that need to be considered if you want to purchase a boomerang through the internet. Exact payment differs from one city to another and from one site to another.
- Instructions. You may need to purchase a book or a video referring the throwing a boomerang. These materials will help you learn how to throw one much faster than you trying to learn on your own. Remember, however, that no matter how you learn, throwing a boomerang properly will take a lot of practice.
Factors that influence the price:
- Size of the boomerang. Boomerangshack.com gives the average prices of specific boomerang sizes. It is known that the longer the boomerang is, the higher the price will be. The said site gives prices for a 14-inch boomerang and for a 16-inch and 18-inch as well. Prices start at $24 for a single boomerang.
- Material used for the boomerang. As mentioned above, boomerangs made out of ordinary plastic are cheaper in contrast to wooden ones.
- Manufacturer. There are some manufacturers that produce this product specifically for children and for play. There are others that may be sports manufacturers that produce boomerangs used for sport. The ones that are made for sport or competition will be much more expensive than those found in the toy aisle.
Tips to know:
- According to WiseGeek.com, learning how to throw a boomerang requires practice. most people do it in a manner similar to throwing a frisbee, but this usually results in the boomerang flying up rather than spinning. You could also look up tips to throwing a boomerang on sites such as YouTube. You can find a video that shows you an instructional on how to throw one.
- To be certain of which site to go, you can visit United States Boomerang Association. The said association gives links to where you can purchase quality boomerangs online.
- Aboriginal boomerangs are only native to Australia. These are some of the most famous boomerangs in the whole world and are known to be of great quality. Aboriginal boomerangs can be one of the following or a combination: painted boomerangs, burned boomerangs, hook boomerangs, killer boomerangs and club boomerangs.
How can I save money?
- Look for a store in your area that sells a variety of boomerangs. By doing so, you are eliminating the expenses for the shipping fees.
- If you are up for it, you can make a boomerang on your own. With the appropriate materials, the right knowledge and creativity, you can create your own boomerang at a low cost. If you are unfamiliar with how this is done, you can seek help from sites such as eHow.com and Instructables.com.