How Much Does a Briefcase Cost?
A briefcase is a rectangular-shaped box or bag that can be made from many different materials. This box is meant to carry important items and documents that usually related to business. The right briefcase can keep your latest files, reports, other important documents and supplies.
How much does it cost?
- A good, quality briefcase will usually be between $150 and $400. The cost of one will depend on the size, brand, material it’s made from and retailer you purchase it from.
- A leather briefcase can cost $130 to as much as $1,200 for a premium leather. However, most tend to be under $300.
- According to realmenrealstyle.com, a good leather briefcase costs around $300 to $500. A briefcase that comes with a special feature could cost around $1,000.
- For example, this highly popular RoadPro CAP retails for $21 to $35.
What is going to be included?
- Briefcases can close a variety of ways. Some of them will have a large flap that goes over the whole thing, other will have a zipper that will go either around three full sides or only the top, and others may have brackets that can be opened or closed.
- A briefcase can either be rolled on wheels, carried over the shoulder with a strap, or held by the handle. Some could even have wheels with an extendable handle so you can pull rather than carry it.
- A briefcase should include many different compartments and pockets. Most of them will have one large open area with smaller pockets or zippers on the sides. These can be used to hold smaller items such as business cards, pens, paper clips, etc.
- There are briefcases that lock to protect your documents and materials. These locks can either be opened with a small key or by putting in a secret code that can be set by the owner.
- A briefcase includes various types, color, styles, and sizes. They may come in classic styles or as a modern design. It may be made of pure leather or synthetic material, among others. In terms of color, briefcases are usually black or brown. However, there are other colors being sold on the market today such as gray, tan, or beige, among others.
- Some briefcases are now made so that they can also carry a laptop. This is convenient for those who need a computer and different documents on the go.
- Popular brands include Samsonite, Kenneth Cole, SOLO, Alpine Swiss, RoadPro and Case Logic.
What are the extra costs?
- Extra costs may be incurred for the packaging, handling, shipping, or delivery of the briefcase when you buy it online or from stores in areas outside of your town or city. You can ask the seller or store beforehand regarding the terms and conditions involved.
- Maintaining your briefcase may also need additional costs such as regular cleaning or repairs, if necessary.
- Purchasing additional accessories to match your briefcase will also require additional expenses on your part.
- A slim case for a briefcase costs around $45-$75.
Tips to know
- Try to get a briefcase that would suit your needs and your lifestyle. If you are always on travel, you can get a bigger briefcase with several compartments inside so that you can have enough space for your things when you go. Be sure to know how you are going to want to carry it. Do you want to throw it over your shoulder or carry it by hand?
- If possible, purchase your briefcase in person. By doing so, you can press down the material to get a good feel for how durable it really is.
- Be sure to look inside of the case to see how organized it is. How many compartments are there? There should be enough to hold pens, pencils and other odds and ends. If you want to carry around your laptop, make sure that there is a laptop sleeve.
How can I save money?
- Consider looking for either coupon codes or sales from retailers online and in store.
- Do not be too cheap with a briefcase. Most tend to be flimsy and unstylish. They also will not last that long. As long as you are spending at least $100, you should be getting a decent deal.
- You can also save money when you buy a slightly used or second-hand briefcase instead of a new one. Just make sure it is in good condition before you get it.