How Much Does a Camper Cost?
A camper is a vehicle that provides both transport and sleeping accommodation for the owner. Some campers are also called a camper van, as it is a van that has been fitted out with a coachbuilt body use for accommodation. Campers can also be pulled by a truck and have a pop up roof that can be raised during camping. The camper usually has appliances inside such as a refrigerator, microwave, and even a small kitchen. These features can affect the price, as can the model of the van as well as the size of it. There are several car manufacturers that sell campers and they offer each model at different prices.
How much is it?
- A camper that can be converted into a trailer will feature a tent, storage bags, bed platform, and awning ropes, and stakes. These campers are sold anywhere from $2,700 to $5,000.
- Campers can also be placed on top of the back of a pick up truck. These campers range in price based on the features. On average, these campers can house beds from 6.5’ to 8’. The price for these campers range from $5,500 to $10,500. These are also known as a “slide in” camper.
- A camper van will have all the necessities in the back such as simple bed and a smaller kitchen. A popular camper van is the Sprinter. These vans can cost anywhere from $9,000 to $32,000.
- A pull behind camper, also known as a 5th wheeler, can greatly vary in pricing. The size as well as the amenities will influence the price tag. The costs can greatly vary from as little as $5,000 to as much as $150,000 or more.
- Full size campers can be quite expensive. These generally provide the convenience of a house as they has several appliances built in. These campers are often called RVs in the United States and they are very popular with people who love to visit the outdoors. The price for these campers can go for anywhere from $15,000 to $300,000.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional costs will come in form of any additional features that you add to the camper. Campers usually have several inclusions, but there are items such as couches, curtains, tables, and chairs that will add to the total cost. Many opt to upgrade the standard items that come with the camper.
- Insurance will be necessary for those who want to protect their investments.
- Pull behind campers will require registration as well as a license plate. Each state will vary with its pricing.
- Camping fees and hookups will be additional, depending on where you camp. Check with many local campgrounds or destinations you would like to visit to see what the pricing will be.
What is going to be included?
- Every camper is going to greatly vary. For newer purchases, a specification sheet will be provided to showcase all the amenities that will be included such as a tv, appliances, and more.
- Used campers may come with items such as the bed mattress, appliances, accessories, and more. Just like a car, a camper can have many different accessories.
How can I save money?
- There are companies that provide camper rentals. If you don’t camp often, consider simply renting a camper rather than buying one. If you camp just 2 or 3 times a year, then it would be a good idea to rent. Renting can cost anywhere from $800 to $3,000 per month depending on the location.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|