How Much Does a Car Wash Cost?
A car wash is a type of service where a motor vehicle undergoes a series of cleaning processes either manually or through a tunnel containing a number of washing components. A car wash service can also be performed by the vehicle’s owner and the equipment used can be rented from a self serve car wash facility. The price of a car wash depends on the type of car wash setup and the type of car wash you need. A self serve car wash can be cheaper while hand washing your car, which requires a professional, can cost more.
How much is it?
- A touchless car wash through which you will drive your car can cost anywhere from $5 to as much as $50. On average, most people pay anywhere from $5 to $10 for a basic car wash.
- Self serve car washes are going to be by the minute. Most self serve car washes will require $1 to $3 to start, and $1 to $3 per additional minute after the initial amount is inserted.
- For example, PriceCornerCarWash.com offers a variety of different car wash services at different prices. The most basic package that they offer is the exterior wash; this is a basic external wash and towel dry. A deluxe wash will provide vacuum, external wash, wheel brite, polish, rain protecting and other protective measures. Their price usually starts at $12 to $28.
- TouchlessCarWash.net also offers car wash packages at different prices. They have the basic wash package up to the rain x package, which includes application of rain repellant cleaning chemicals on the windshield. Their rates start at $14 to $50 depending on the package that you get.
What are the extra costs?
- When you choose the basic car wash package, you can add extra services such as tire shining, shampooing of floor mats, detailing of wheel and rim, which can cost anywhere from $4 to $20.
- A surcharge of $1 is applied if you have your SUV or truck washed. This is due to the difference in the size of the vehicle.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the car wash package that you choose, the inclusions can be different. The basic package usually consists of basic soap wash as well as towel drying while higher end car wash will include vacuum and detailing of different areas of the vehicle. See: “How much does car detailing cost?“
How can I save money?
- If you have time, you can clean your vehicles at home. This will help you save on expensive labor charges.
- Visit a self serve car wash since you will only pay for the cleaning equipment you use; this will be cheaper compared to hand car wash.
- Check for coupons in local newspaper or coupon books. Car washes love to advertise and offer coupons for free washes, $1 off, etc.
- Many car wash companies will have a frequent washer discount. For example, for every 10 washes, they will do one for free. Each and every time you come through the car wash, they will stamp your card.