How Much Does a Duvet Cover Cost?
A duvet is a type of bedding which fits into a specially made cover. With a duvet, there is no more need to exert much effort in making your bed because it is already a combination of bed sheet, blanket, and bed cover. Duvets are also convenient since you are able to take the covering off and wash it when necessary. The duvet traces its origins in rural Europe but is now popular almost anywhere. There is some confusion regarding the terms “duvet” and “duvet cover.” The duvet is the bedding that is filled with feathers, whereas the duvet cover is the case that is used to cover the duvet, much like a pillowcase covers a pillow. A duvet is also referred to by some as a down comforter since it is usually filled with down feathers.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of a duvet cover may differ because of various factors. For example, the state or location, size, material, quality, brand, color, or design may have an impact on the cost. On average, a duvet cover is going to cost anywhere from as little as $20 to as much as $100.
- At Target.com, a duvet costs around $20 to $100. For instance, a smocked duvet cover sells for $80 to $100 while a scribble duvet cover retails for $35 to $45. A reversible duvet cover sells for $90 to $100. An embroidered cover sells for $90 to $100.
What is going to be included?
- The duvet, also known as a quilt in British English, is a type of bedding, a soft flat bag filled with down, feather, wool, silk, or a synthetic alternative, and is protected with a removable cover.
- A duvet also makes a good thermal insulator. It reduces the complexity in making a bed, as it is a single covering. The duvet fits into a specially made cover, which is usually made with cotton or a cotton blend.
- A duvet can come in various sizes, standards, colors, and designs. A modern duvet such as a sleeping bag, may be filled with down or feathers of various qualities, such as silk, wool, cotton, or even artificial fibers.
- An alternative filled duvet is ideal for those who have allergies to the down fill.
- Compared to a comforter, a duvet is going to be able to fit any bed size; however, it is going to be a pinch smaller since it will need to have a snug fit.
- The cost of a duvet may include the cost of the material, labor, packaging, handling, as well as shipping or delivery costs. Some sellers or stores may include the shipping or delivery costs with the selling price of the duvet.
What are the extra costs?
- Purchasing a duvet cover will be pointless without first purchasing a duvet.
- Extra costs may be incurred for shipping or delivery of the duvet especially when you get them from online stores or sellers from other states or regions. Just ask the store regarding the terms and conditions involved.
- Additional costs may also be incurred for the duvet’s maintenance.
- If you want to have it customized with stitching and so forth, the costs can increase.
Tips to know
- The main reason that a duvet cover is purchased is to protect the comforter from stains, spills and wear and tear. If used properly, it can protect a comforter for more than ten years. Read up on how to clean and maintain duvet so that you will be able to make use of it for a long time.
- Shop around for the cost of a duvet online so that you will be able to assess prices, quality, and style.
- Have at least two duvet covers available. That way, you can put one on while the other is being washed. This also allows you to change the look and color of the duvet.
How can I save money?
- Take advantage of coupon codes or special promotions.
- By purchasing used, you can save up to 30%. Check out eBay, Craigslist or even a local garage sale.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|