How Much Does a Flea Dip Cost?
A flea dip is specially formulated to kill and remove fleas from your the body of your dog. If you have noticed that your dog has been scratching himself often, you need to take notice of this and not ignore it. Persistent scratching can cause harm to the dogs skin; dogs can even cut themselves open because they scratch so hard. There can be several reasons that your dog may be scratching – it could be fleas or another parasite, or it could be allergies of some type. Parasites like fleas can make the life of your dog quite miserable. Fleas can multiply if ignored and cause more trouble than they initially could. They could spread to other animals in your home or neighborhood and can even infest your home, getting in your furniture and carpet. There are a lot of remedies for flea infestation, but one of the simpler and more popular one is by using flea dip on the dog before the infestation can occur.
How much is it?
- Flea dips are manufactured by different companies and they can have varying strengths. The effect of the flea dip will vary depending on the strength of the formulation and this is the reason why the price of the product can be different. The price can also depend on the brand of the product as well as the store which is selling it.
- On average, these products are going to range anywhere from $10 to as much as $40 per bottle.
- Various types of flea dips manufactured by different companies are sold online. Sizes will range anywhere from a small four ounce container to something a lot larger. The amount that you will need depends on the size of your animal. For example, one type of flea dip that is sold through Amazon is a 4 oz flea and tick dip that can be used in either dogs or cats. Aside from fleas, this product is also effective against lice, mosquitoes, and flies.
- If you are wary of certain chemicals that can be used to make the flea dip, you can buy organic flea dips. These types of flea dips are safe and natural as they are made from pure plant extracts. They are also sold in smaller quantities ranging from 15 to 30 mL bottles which usually cost $15 to $30.
- There are other popular stores where you can purchase flea dip such as PetCo. The products that they sell have quick killing effects and there is an easy to read measuring cup for accurate treatment. It is safe for puppies over 12 weeks old. The price of the flea dip can cost anywhere from $10 to $20.
- PetEdge.com, a one stop shop for all your pet’s needs, sells flea dip that is formulated to repel fleas and ticks for up to 14 days. This product contains safe ingredients that provide long lasting residual control that prevents flea invasion. This product is sold for $70 to $80 per gallon.
What is going to be included?
- Flea dip is formulated differently depending on the type of animal for which it will be used. It will be sold in tightly sealed containers since it can be dangerous when ingested.
- Most flea dips are designed for cats, dogs and other pets that attract fleas. A flea dip will not only prevent fleas from invading, but it will kill other pests such as lice, gnats, mosquitoes and flies.
What are the extra costs?
- If you purchase the flea dip online, you will probably have to pay for shipping charges as well.
- In addition to a flea dip, you should also consider buying flea and tick shampoo. This will help maintain your pet’s guard against fleas and other parasites between each dip.
- Veterinarian offices and grooming places can also offer flea dips. They will charge more than a flea dip you purchase from the store, but they will do all the work for you. They also have the ability and experience to do a more thorough job that you many be able to do, so the cost might be worth it.
Tips to know:
- Flea dip should be used in accordance to package instructions to make sure that you do not overuse the product. Always follow the recommended suggestions. You can harm the animal if you use too much formula or if you leave it on too long.
- If your pet has allergic skin reactions to particular chemicals, it may be best to spend the extra money for an organic chemical based product.
- Make sure you read the label to see if the flea dip you are using is safe for both cats and dogs. Also, make sure you abide by the age requirements; if the flea dip is used on a puppy that is too young, it can have negative affects.
How can I save money?
- Flea dip is already considered to be cheap but if you want to save further, consider looking for promotions, coupons or details from the manufacturers that sell it.
- If you maintain your pet’s coat by using flea shampoo, which is cheaper than flea dip, you can avoid having to use the flea dip more than once.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|