How Much Does a Hammock Cost?
A hammock is a sling that is made of different materials such as fabric, rope, or netting and is suspended between two points. Hammocks are mostly used for sleeping and resting as you are swung suspended in the air. Hammocks are going to differ in size, shape and color. Different materials are going to be used to make the hammocks and each company is going to vary with its designs and materials.
How much is it?
- On average, a hammock is going to cost anywhere from $18 to as much as $250. This is all going to depend on the brand, the quality, and type you purchase.
- The Texsport La Paz hammock can be occupied by a single person and can provide support up to 300 pounds. This model can cost $18 to $24 and is offered in a variety of colors. Another brand is the Pawleys Island Original Large Hammock. This particular model costs between $114 and $172. This hammock is made of DuraCord rope and measures 55 by 82 inches and can seat 2 people at the same time.
- A hammock that has its own stand can cost anywhere from $40 to $200. These kits usually have the hammock, the stand, and everything you need so that you don’t have to tie them to an item such as a tree.
- There are also hammocks that are tailored for people who love the great outdoors. These can be packed into a smaller bag making it easy for traveling. A portable hammock can cost $40 to $65.
- A baby hammock can cost anywhere from $65 to as much as $225. These hammocks will hang from stand, allowing your baby to safely lay in it.
What are the extra costs?
- To properly hang your hammocks, straps are sold in pairs. Each pair, if not included with your package, is usually going to cost $10 to $30. These straps provide a tighter way of hanging your hammock, lessening or removing the chances of the hammock falling.
- Pillows are also available for maximum comfort. While optional, pillows generally do not come with the hammock itself. Pillows can range from $15 to $40.
- If you don’t have a tree or an item from which you can hang the hammock, a stand itself may be required to hang one properly. A stand can cost $40 to $110. This is going to vary on the size, brand, etc.
What is going to be included?
- Your purchase will include the item itself, as well as the rope needed to tie your hammock to be hanged. Most will come with all the equipment necessary in order to hand the hammock from a tree, etc.
Top brands to consider:
- L.L. Bean
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing a hammock that is made of materials that are durable. Having items that cost a little more are likely to last longer. This can save you more over time since you don’t have to purchase a new hammock since the chances of it breaking is unlikely.
- Consider purchasing a kit used on websites such as Craigslist. By purchasing them used, you may be able to save up to 40% or more.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|