How Much Does a Harpist Cost?
Harpists are skilled individuals who play and are knowledgeable with the harp. The cost of hiring the harpists differs based on several factors. These factors include the type of event for which the harpist will be hired as well as the number of songs they will be required to play throughout the event.
How much is it?
- The location of the event will usually dictate the price for harpists. On average, a harpist will charge anywhere from $200 to $2,000 per event that lasts around 4 to 6 hours.
- Harpists in the Nevada area can cost anywhere form $200 to $2,000 per event. Some of the harpists in the area have released their own independent albums; this guarantees their competency and skills are top notch. Most of these harpists can play a wide array of instruments such as keyboard and guitars.
- Some may charge on an hourly basis rather than a per-event basis. This price can range from $50 to $200 per hour, with a 4 hour minimum required.
What are the extra costs?
- Additional hours will be charged on top of the minimum amount of time the harpist is required to play. This will all depend on the overtime fee.
- If one is hired for a ceremony such as a wedding, an extra food plate may be needed.
- Since a harp can be a heavy instrument, additional delivery charges can apply depending on the size and the location of the event.
- If the harpist has to travel outside of his/her vicinity, additional fees can apply for mileage.
What is going to be included?
- The harp is an awkward piece of musical instrument to move around as it is big and clunky. Transportation, set up, and packing of the harp is included with the cost as well as the number of songs that will be played based on the agreement.
- Most will have a package from which you can choose. Keep in mind that they won’t play the entire time that they are there. Most will play during a dinner for a few hours, during prelude, as well as during the reception, etc.
- Most harpists will consult with you as well as include a demo when you first meet with them. This is your time to ask questions and get an idea of how they are going to sound.
Tips to know:
- Most harpists are going to have a sample available on their website that you can listen to. This will give you a good idea on what they are going to sound like.
- Be sure to know how far the harpist is going to travel before hiring them. What you’re going to find is that some may charge a lot more money to travel outside of their vicinity.
- Be sure to ask for referrals from people that they have worked with in the past. Most are more than happy to give out referrals.
How can I save money?
- One way of saving on hiring a harpist is by going to different websites to check for prices of local harpists. A website such as Gigmasters provides a listing of available harpists. The information included is the price as well as reviews from previous clients which can help you decide which harpist you will choose. Be sure to talk with at least 3 to get a good idea on what they can do for you.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|