How Much Does a Home Bar Cost?
A home bar is a great idea for those that want to bring the bar atmosphere straight to their home to share with family and friends. This is a great way to stock drinks in your home without having to pay the overpriced bar tabs. A home bar is generally installed either in a basement or even outdoors. The price of installing a bar is going to greatly vary depending on the size you want, the features in which you are interested, and more.
How much is it?
- On average, a home bar is going to vary anywhere from $500 for those that want to do it themselves with a simple design to a professionally done bar that can cost upwards of $15,000. The bars that are higher in price generally are made of a higher grade wood as well as come equipped with granite countertops, etc.
- A simple 45 degree bar, which tends to be the most popular, would cost around $2,000 to $4,000 if installed by a professional contractor. A straight bar will be significantly less since the design is a lot simpler.
- For an outdoor bar, many tend to choose a tiki bar. A tiki bar can cost anyhwere from $200 to $3,000. A higher end, customizable tiki bar will usually cost a little more than a standard pre-built bar.
- Pre-made bars that seat 2 to 4 people or more can cost anywhere from $200 to $600 depending on the style and size. These bars may already built while some may need to be put together just like furniture.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to add a keg or a specialized refrigerator in order to keep the drinks chilled at an appropriate temperature, this will be an extra cost.
- If the area that you are choosing does not have the proper plumbing or electrical set up, this may require more work since a kitchen sink will more than likely be required. The electrical outlets will be necessary for a refrigerator, blender, and more.
- Bar stools are going to be needed and will be priced anywhere from $50 to $300 per stool, depending on the quality for which you are looking.
- Special customizations such as bar fittings will be needed in order to make your bar look finished.
- Other miscellaneous accessories such as pictures, light fixtures, and more are all items to consider.
What is going to be included?
- A professional contractor is going to be able to build the bar according to your plan. Most will be able to consult with you, as well as help build a bar according to your home’s needs.
- All material such as the wood, stain, and more will more than likely be included in the contractor’s overall quote.
How can I save money?
- Highly consider building a bar yourself. There are many bar plan resource sites online that can help you pick out a bar plan that suits your needs. Even if you are unsure how to do the plumbing and electrical work, you can always outsource these smaller jobs and do the rest yourself.
- When hiring a contractor, be sure to ask around and talk with at least 3 contractors. Services such as Service Magic can help you find the cheapest quote in your area. Remember that the cheapest quote is not always going to mean the best work! It is also advisable to look for previous work that has been done by the company you choose.