How Much Does a MacBook Cost?
The Macbook is one of Apple’s most popular products when it comes down to the world of laptops. What sets this above the rest are features such as a long lasting battery, a multi-touch trackpad (on some models), it’s size and so much more. Since there are a few models out there, let’s take a look at what each one is more than likely going to cost you.
How much are MacBook prices?
- The MC516LL will average anywhere from $840 used to about $1,000 brand new.
- The MacBook Pro MC374LL ranges from $1,000 used to $1,300 new. With the MC374LL, there are varying screen sizes such as a 13.3 inch screen, as well as a 15.4. The bigger the screen, the more you’re going to have to pay.
- The MacBook Air MC505LL can range anywhere from $850 used to about $1,100 new.
- The MC373LL MacBook Pro is a little on the higher end. The will range from $2,000 used to about $2,300 new. Some of your lower MacBook Pro series can be as little as $1,300 used.
- The MacBook MC207LL is an older version of the MacBook but will only run you around $800 used.
- The newest MacBook as of 2011 can run you around $999.
What is going to be included?
- Each and every model is going to greatly vary. Your RAM, Processor speed, monitor size and more will all vary, depending on what your budget is.
What are the extra costs?
- Most MacBooks will need a charger so that you can charge it at home. While most of them come with one, you will find that you may want another one for another home, office, etc. You may also want to consider one for your car. These run around $30 – $80.
- To protect your laptop, a case will be a good idea as well as this will help you protect your computer from scratches, damage and more. It’s also easier to carry it around. Depending on the quality, one can range from $20 to $100+
- Most software on the system is generally bare bones. Some users prefer to upgrade their operation system, or even add other software packages such as Office, iWork, Photoshop and more.
Tips to know:
- Screen sizes are going to greatly vary with the MacBook. Be sure to know what kind of size you’re going to want. Sizes can star at 13.3″ and go up from there. Bigger screens will generally cost more.
- Newer models use the finger tap type technology. If you want to use your finger on the screen, consider spending a few more dollars for this type of technology.
- Be sure to look into the other features such as hard drive capacity and RAM.
How can I save money?
- Highly consider purchasing your MacBook used on sites such as eBay. By doing so, you should be able to save 20-30% off the price.
- Inquire with Apple about a student discount. If you’re going to High School, or College, they have a program that you can join.
- Consider alternative brands outside of Apple as the Apple brand tends to be one of the most expensive brands when it comes to laptops. Other brands can cost as low as $400.
- Consider purchasing extended warranties through Apple Care or even through third-party warranty companies such as SquareTrade.com.