How Much Does a Mask Cost?
A mask can be used in many various ways. There are Halloween masks, sleeping masks, masks for sports such as paintball, and many more. The cost of a mask is going to greatly depend on the brand, what kind of mask you’re looking to purchase, the style, as well as many other various factors.
How much is it?
- On average, a mask can cost anywhere from $5 to as much as $300 or more. This is going to depend on the type of masks, for what it is being used, and the brand. A medical related mask is going to be more at the higher end, while a mask designed for a child can be more toward the $5 mark.
- A mask that is designed for snorkeling and diving is going to cost $16 to $40.
- A costume mask that can look like a cartoon character, animal, etc., can cost $5 to $45. For example, the Alien Vs Predator Hunter movie mask can cost $21 to $40. Generally, the higher the quality of the mask, the more you’re going to pay.
- A gas mask that is generally used in the military can cost $14 to $45.
- A mask that is designed for sports, such as hockey goalie mask, can cost $18 to $200 depending on the brand. A paintball mask can cost $10 to $80.
- For those with a health condition, a respirator mask can assist with breathing. A respirator mask can cost $14 to $200.
- Those that want to weld will need a welding mask. These can cost $20 to $175.
What are the extra costs?
- Customized masks will require extra attention. Since these masks can’t be purchased as a “stock” item, most customizations will cost extra depending on what’s needed as well as what material is going to be used.
- Medical based masks such as a respirator mask may require batteries or additional accessories such as a charging kit to ensure that it functions properly.
What is going to be included?
- Most masks, such as gas masks, welding masks, and more will come with all the necessary materials needed in order to assemble it properly.
- Costume masks will come equipped with a strap and everything necessary to wear it straight out of the packaging.
How can I save money?
- Most masks can be purchased online second hand through sites such as eBay. Used masks can cost up to 40% to 60% less than the retail value of a new mask.