How Much Does a Massage Cost?
A massage is considered by many the best rest and relaxation experience. This process is done by manipulating layers of connective tissue to enhance function and aid in the healing process as well as promote relaxation and well being. Since specific massage techniques are used for a different purposes, your price and experience may greatly vary from another person’s experience.
How much is it?
- The price for a massage varies depending on the type of massage, the body part that need massaged, the length of the massage, and the experience of the masseuse. The average massage price can be anywhere from $30 to $70 per 30 minutes. Massage times can be anywhere between 20 and 60 minutes.
- An office massage is when you visit a medical establishment to get a massage. A one hour treatment can average $65 to $200. Higher end spas can cost as much as $350 per hour.
- Masseurs can visit your place for your own convenience. This can cost anywhere from $70 to $210, depending on the location as well as the type of service you request. This may or may not include transportation fees.
- A hot stone massage is a higher end massage service that can cost $90 to $170. Other specialty massages such as aromatherapy can cost $70 to $180 per hour.
- If you are targeting a specific part of your body, a 30 minute spot massage is available for $25 to $60. A comprehensive massage can be performed for $70 to $130.
- Massage products for home usage can cost anywhere from $3 for a simple scalp massager to $4,000 to $7,500 for a professional massage chair.
What are the extra costs?
- During the process, you can ask to have additional oils and aromatic candles to be included which can add to the healing process. These services can run anywhere from $5 to $20 depending on the additional request.
- Transportation costs can be added to the overall bill if the masseur has to travel to your home. Travel expenses can add $20 to $40.
- While optional, a tip may be expected. Tips can range from 10% to 25%.
What is going to be included?
- Inclusions vary depending on the type of package for which you pay. But for proper massaging, the masseur will apply oils to the body which also has a healing effect.
How can I save money?
- Try to get the massage service that fulfills your need. If you feel that you need a full body massage then go for it. However, try to choose from a variety of establishments that offer the service so you will be able to compare their prices.
- Consider going to a local massage school where massages are given by students. These are usually offered with a heavy discount or sometimes even for free.
- Consider taking advantage of group or couple sessions. The more people that come, the more you’ll be able to save on average.
- Sites such as Groupon.com commonly have local salons that offer promotions and coupons on a daily basis. Sign up with that site for free to see if there are any deals in your local area. It’s no uncommon to find deals that are up to 70% off your total purchase.