How Much Does a Mirror Cost?
A mirror can be used in a variety of rooms. Often found in a bathroom or even on a living room wall, a mirror can come in many shapes, sizes and forms. Some mirrors are used to see your reflection, while others are simply used as a decoration in the home. The cost of a mirror will depend upon its size, the type of mirror that is purchased, and the company that manufactures it.
How much is it?
- On average, a mirror can cost anywhere from $5 for a lower-end mirror with no decorations to as much as $700 for a full length mirror with a decorative border often made of a solid wood.
- A full length mirror that is often found on the back of a door or even bedroom wall can cost anywhere from $30 to as much as $700. Higher-end full length mirrors will often stand on their own or have a stand to place them upright.
- For instance, a full length mirror such as the Cheval Mirror retails for $33 to $44.
- Something as simple as a bathroom mirror can range anywhere from $30 to as much as $300. Higher-end mirrors are often going to have built in illuminating lights and decorative borders made of something such as cherry wood. Other bathroom mirrors can often have cabinets and even shelves built onto them.
- For example, the highly rated Elite Home Fashion Stratford mirror retails for $48 to $68. This bathroom mirror has a decorative white wood border with a shelf beneath the mirror.
- A standard wall mirror that can be placed anywhere throughout the home can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $180.
What are the extra costs?
- Customized mirrors that are cut to size are often going to cost 30 to 50% more than a mirror that can be purchased at a local store.
- Larger mirrors that are either customized or purchased locally will have to be hung on the wall, especially if they are very heavy. Since this process can be rather challenging, it may be best to contact a professional contractor. These contractors will start around $100 to hang a mirror.
- If you want to have a piece of glass cut down to size, a local glass shop can often cut smaller pieces for $10 to $50 if the piece is brought to their shop.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the type of mirror, most will come with a decorative border. This border can be made of a wood or even a thin frame of metal. Fancier mirrors will often have a decorative design that can be shaped such as a circle or even a sun.
- Other mirrors can come with shelves, lights that are built into the mirror, and even cabinets to store items such as medication.
- A customized mirror can be cut to size and can be created in any type of color. Most experts will be able to work with you and bring your ideas to life.
How can I save money?
- Consider checking classified ads such as Craigslist. People will often put mirrors up for sale or even for free. If you find a mirror that looks like something that you would be interested in, consider picking it up and having a local glass shop cut it.