How Much Does a Mop Cost?
Although there have been many forms of mops used since the beginning of time, the mop as we know it today came into use in the 1400s. Mops are used in almost every household and can also be found in any type of building. They can be used for mopping up spills, cleaning the dirt from the floor, disinfecting the surface of the floor, or sopping up water. Mops can be made in different ways and can also be made from different materials. For example, the mop head (the part of the mop that actually scrubs the floor) can be made of cloth or sponge. The mop head can also come in different shapes and sizes, allowing it to clean hard to reach areas. The handle of the mop is usually made of wood or aluminum and can come in varying lengths.
How much does it cost?
- On average, a mop can cost anywhere from as little as $1 to as much as $300 for a higher-end steam mop.
- For those that are not into the higher-end steam mops, an effective mop can cost anywhere from $11 to $25. For instance, the Libman Wonder Mop that is highly rated online retails for $15 to $20. Another mop, the Libman Nitty Gritty Mop, retails for $22 to $30.
- According to About.com, the Eureka 313A Envirosteamer Blue Upright Vacuum Mop is sold around $59 to $76.00.
What is going to be included?
- Traditional mops include the handle and the mop head. Mop heads can either be a roller or have small bands.
- Higher-end steam mops can come with an attachment that allow you to spray the floor with cleaner as you mop the floor.
- Some mop heads come with an attachment that can squeeze out the excess water in the mop before continuing to clean. Other mop heads will need a separate piece of equipment to release the excess water.
What are the extra costs?
- The traditional mop is made up of yarns. However, there are other types available that may work better. Swapping the head for something more efficient can cost more.
- You will also need other accessories for the traditional mop. For instance, you will need a plastic utility pail and liquid detergent that could help remove spots. Perhaps you could get a Down Press Mop Combo. That way, you will not have to wring out the mop head with your bare hands.
- Steam mops also need mop refills. For example, Swiffer WetJet Mop Refills retail for $12 to $14.
- Some sellers do not include the tax and shipping fee. You will need to pay for these fees if the mop is purchased online.
- Depending on the type of mop you have, you may want to purchase a second mop head to keep on hand. If the first one gets too dirty or worn out, you can get a replacement head rather than purchasing a whole new mop set.
- Depending on the use of the mop, you may want to purchase “Wet Floor” signs to warn people that the floor may be slippery.
- If you want to disinfect the floor while mopping, there are formulas you can add to the mop water to accomplish this.
Factors that influence the price:
- Type. There are different kinds of mops from which you can choose. There is the traditional mop, the sponge mop, the steam mop, etc. Each one varies in prices. However, the most expensive kind of mop would have to be the steam mop.
- Mop Head. The mop head plays the most important role in cleaning. Hence, if the mop is made up of a super-absorbent material, it is more expensive.
Tips to know:
- If you want to maintain good sanitation for the room, it is highly suggested that you get a steam mop. However, if you want to get rid of tough debris, the conventional mop is your best option.
- There are available self-wringing mops if you want to save yourself the hassle. There are mops with some kind of mechanism that automatically wrings out a mop without using their hands. With any gadget, the more features you want, the more you have to pay.
- For better absorption, the best kind of mop head to use is the one made of yarn, absorbent strings or sponges.
- Never use your steam mop to clean your frozen windows.
- Change the water of the mop when it gets excessively dirty, even if it is in the middle of the mopping job. Mopping the floor with dirty water is not going to accomplish much.
How can I save money?
- Check for sales online or even in store. From time to time, several manufacturers or stores may offer mops at a discounted rate.
- Local dollar stores often have mops for sale. While they are not the best, they can be useful if you only need a mope for something small every once in a while.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|