How Much Does a NERB Exam Cost?
The NERB, or Northeast Regional Board, exam is a type of examination provided by one of the four examination agencies for dentists in the United States. These agencies were organized to better standardize clinical exams for licensure. There are different types of examinations provided by NERB, and these can cost different amounts depending on the type of exam. Examinations for dental and dental hygiene are available as well as other exams which include tests such as JERM, local anesthesia and nitrous oxide.
How much is it?
- The official site of NERB provides accurate pricing for the NERB exam. They show the different types of exams and why they can differ in price. According to the site NERB.com, the price for full dental and dental hygiene exams can cost anywhere from $975 to $2,085.
- Another type of exam that is apart of the NERB exam is the NERB patient treatment clinical examination. The fee for this particular exam can cost between $150 and $160.
- According to The Department of Health in Florida, the price for the exam within their state can cost anywhere from $662 to $1,845.
What are the extra costs?
- There are several additional fees involved when taking the NERB exam. For instance, according to the NERB’s main site, the retake fee can cost $990 to $1,080 if you fail the first time and need to try again. Other fees also include the other exams which can cost anywhere from $75 to $250.
- If the exam is taken through a university that will administer it, the additional fees that are involved will be the facility fee; this can cost anywhere from $150 to $300.
- There are resources and practice tests available, but the good, comprehensive ones will require a fee.
What is going to be included?
- The NERB stands for the North East Regional Board of Dental Examiners. This is one of the four agencies for dentists throughout the United States. Other agencies include the Western Regional Examining Board, Central Regional Dental Testing Service and the Southern Regional Testing Agency.
- States that accept the NERB can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Regional_Board_of_Dental_Examiners
How can I save money?
- The best way to save money is to make sure that you do it right the first time. Make sure you review thoroughly ro ensure that you pass the exam the first time. Retaking the exam can cost you extra which can add to the total cost of your expenses in taking the exam.