How Much Does a Pacemaker Cost?
A pacemaker may be required by your doctor if your heart isn’t functioning as it should be. A pacemaker is a device that uses electrical impulses that are then delivered to the heart maker in order to regulate the beating of the heart. While a pacemaker may not be your only option, there are other alternatives out there as well.
How much does a pacemaker cost?
- There are many factors that need to be included when determining the cost of a pacemaker. The number of leads used, the brand of the pacemaker, as well as the specific type will all influence the type. On average, the cost of pacemaker can be anywhere from $12,000 to as much as $105,000 without insurance itself.
What is going to be included?
- Pacemakers are generally priced separately on top of the surgery itself, the hospitalization fees, consultation fees and more will all be additional.
What are the extra costs?
- Hospitalization fees are going to be extra as you will be required to stay in the hospital as you recover. A typical night in the hospital can easily be $1,000+ a night on average.
- There will more than likely be a Doctor’s fee, as well as surgery fee. This price is going to vary depending on the country where the surgery is performed, as well as the hospital performing the procedure.
- There are also consultation fees that may be applied before you proceed with the surgery.
- After the pacemaker is installed, you will be required to have checkups with a heart specialist to ensure that everything is running at 100%.
How can I save money?
- Consult with your insurance company. Since your Doctor is more than likely going to recommend this procedure, this will more than likely be covered by your insurance company. Consult with your insurance company to get more details on what they cover.
- Some patients find that if they don’t have insurance, they tend to get the procedure done out of the country in countries such as Mexico, India and more. Do this at your own risk!
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|