How Much Does a Panda Dog Cost?
A panda dog is any breed of toy dog whose hair has been dyed so that the color of its fur resembles that of a panda bear. This type of dog has taken Japan by storm and its origins can’t be more fascinating. The panda dog started in 2005 when an abandoned dog by the name of Colombo was adopted by Kensuke Hirakawa, a former beautician and pet store owner, who decided to beautify Colombo. He used puppy safe hair dye to make the dog look like a panda bear. This trend caught on quickly and has spread all over since then. The price of a panda dog depends on the breed of dog that you have dyed. The seller will also have the discretion to price the dogs differently.
How much is it?
- Since the panda dog design can be applied to almost all furred toy dogs, the price for panda dogs usually is based on the breed of the dog that you purchase. One of the most popular breed of dog that you can purchase is the Maltese, which can cost anywhere from $500 to $900.
- Another type of dog that can be turned into a panda dog is the poodle, which is perfect as a show dog. A poodle can cost an average of $500 to $1,300.
- Because of the its uncanny resemblance to the panda bear, the chow chow is one of the most famous dog turned into a panda dog. Chow chows can be purchased for $650 to $975, depending on the purity of the breed and other factors.
- According to the website PandaDog.org, the cost can range from $600 to as much as $1,300. As stated above, the Panda dog really isn’t a real dog, but rather it’s more of a novelty where pet owners will dye their dog’s coat.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the seller of the panda dog, they may sell the dogs with the panda design already. If the design of the “panda” isn’t included, a specialized breeder/person that can dye the dog will have to be found.
- Purchasing this type of dog from a breeder should come with all the necessary medical paperwork, registration and a history of the dog. If the dog is registered with any organization, this would be included as well.
What are the extra costs?
- When you buy a dog that doesn’t have a panda design on them yet, you can buy a dog safe hair dye to color the dog’s fur and turn it into a panda dog. The hair dye can be purchased for $20 to $40 per bottle.
- If you want a professional to do put the panda look on your dog, you’ll have to bring them to a dog salon; their services can range from $80 to $350 depending on the size of the dog, the service providing the dye, etc.
How can I save money?
- Turning your dog into a panda dog is not always necessary. Try to appreciate the look of your dog as they have natural charms that will please you even without the additional layer of design painted onto them.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|