How Much Does Pork Loin Cost?
The pork loin is from the pig’s tissue that runs along the top of the rib cage. It can either be cut into individual servings, as steaks or as a pork chop.
How much is it?
- The cost of pork loin can depend on the quality, where it’s purchased, the quantity and where it’s purchased. Pork loin can be sold by the pound or sold in packs. By the pound, plan on spending $2 to $6 per pound at your local grocery store. For packages that contain 12 or more large cuts, the price can be in the $85 to $125 range.
- For example, HeritagePork.com is an online site that offers a full line of quality Berkshire pork products that are hand trimmed and packed to the highest standards. They offer a variety of cuts which include pork chops, pork steak, and even a pork loin rack. They usually offer package cuts which includes pork chop and hot dogs which are priced at $90 to $100.
- Another pack that the site offer is the simply chops package which contains 12 pieces of pork chops. These are sold anywhere for $120 to $130.
- Major retailers such as Costco have pork loin options available. Here, pork loin is sold in cases that have an average weight of 45 pounds. The price of the pork loin sold here ranges anywhere from $2 to $4 per pound.
- CSUMeats.com is another site that sells pork loins. One of the types of pork loin cut that they sell is pork tenders. Each pack of pork tenders has up to 30 pounds of pork loin which can be cooked either roasted or braised. They cost more since they are boneless; these will usually cost $4 to $5 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy pork loin, it should be been checked and inspected by the USDA.
- It can either be served as an individual serving, steak, or as a chop. It is commonly fried, baked or gilled.
What are the extra costs?
- If you are planning to cook a pork loin, you can cook a variety of dishes. But you will need to make sure that you have the right ingredients to create the dish that you want. The additional ingredients are the additional costs involved when you buy pork loin.
- Shipping costs are also considered to be extra cost when buying pork loin online.
Tips to know:
- Make sure that when you buy pork loin, they have been inspected by the USDA to make sure that the meat is fresh and far from being spoiled.
- Make sure you have a recipe or cooking tips so that you do not waste this expensive cut of meat. Pork loin that has the bone in is usually more tender and juicy, but it is also a lot harder to carve and might not look as good. Most people either barbecue or roast the pork loin. You can find recipes and carving tips online.
How can I save money?
- To save money, visit different stores and compare the prices of pork loin. This will open up options for you to choose from different stores that offer the meat and you can buy it at lower prices from the store that offers them for the lowest price. Many grocery stores will hold sales on their meats. Watch closely for the sales ad each week to find the deals of which you can take advantage!
- If you are planning for a large event, make sure you find a company that will sell the pork loin to you at a discounted price. Buying bulk is always cheaper.