How Much Does Pork Loin Cost?
The pork loin is one of the many cuts of pork that are available to cook and eat. Pork comes from pigs and is one of the most popular types of meat, along with beef and chicken. Like beef and chicken, different types of pork come from different parts of the pig. The most popular products taken from the pig are spare ribs, bacon, ham, and pork loin. The pork loin is a cut that comes from the back of the pig from the shoulders down to the top of the legs. This can be sold with the bone in or with the bone removed and is usually rolled and tied with string. The pork loin can be cut up into pork chops or steaks and can be cooked in a variety of ways.
How much is it?
- There are only a few things that you need to consider when you think of the price of a pork loin. These factors include the quality of the pork loin, which in turn depends on the freshness of the meat. You also need to consider the fact that the pork loin can be purchased in different quantities. If you are buying a smaller piece of pork loin, it may cost more per pound. The more you buy, the cheaper each pound will be.
- Pork loin can be sold by the pound or sold in packs. By the pound, plan on spending $2 to $6 per pound at your local grocery store. For packages that contain 12 or more large cuts, the price can be in the $85 to $125 range.
- For example, HeritagePork.com is an online site that offers a full line of quality Berkshire pork products that are hand trimmed and packed to the highest standards. They offer a variety of cuts which include pork chops, pork steak, and even a pork loin rack. They usually offer package cuts which includes pork chop and hot dogs which are priced at $90 to $100.
- Another pack that the site offer is the simply chops package which contains 12 pieces of pork chops. These are sold anywhere for $120 to $130.
- Major retailers such as Costco have pork loin options available. Here, pork loin is sold in cases that have an average weight of 45 pounds. The price of the pork loin sold here ranges anywhere from $2 to $4 per pound.
- CSUMeats.com is another site that sells pork loins. One of the types of pork loin cut that they sell is pork tenders. Each pack of pork tenders has up to 30 pounds of pork loin which can be cooked either roasted or braised. They cost more since they are boneless; these will usually cost $4 to $5 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy pork loin, it should have been checked and inspected by the USDA. The quality of the pork will be protected by being vacuum packed and sealed to avoid acquiring bacteria and to maximize its freshness.
- Pork loins purchased from online companies will be packed in a dry ice cooler to preserve their freshness. The package will often be shipped within 1 to 2 days.
What are the extra costs?
- If you are planning to cook a pork loin, you can cook a variety of dishes. But you will need to make sure that you have the right ingredients to create the dish that you want. The additional ingredients are the additional costs involved when you buy pork loin.
- Shipping costs are also considered to be extra cost when buying pork loin online.
Tips to know:
- Make sure that when you buy pork loin, they have been inspected by the USDA to make sure that the meat is fresh and far from being spoiled.
- Make sure you have a recipe or cooking tips so that you do not waste this expensive cut of meat. Pork loin that has the bone in is usually more tender and juicy, but it is also a lot harder to carve and might not look as good. Most people either barbecue or roast the pork loin. You can find recipes and carving tips online.
How can I save money?
- To save money, visit different stores and compare the prices of pork loin. This will open up options for you to choose from different stores that offer the meat and you can buy it at lower prices from the store that offers them for the lowest price. Many grocery stores will hold sales on their meats. Watch closely for the sales ad each week to find the deals of which you can take advantage!
- If you are planning for a large event, make sure you find a company that will sell the pork loin to you at a discounted price. Buying bulk is always cheaper.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|