How Much Does a Rack of Lamb Cost?
A rack of lamb is a special cut of lamb which people usually serve for special occasions. What makes it an extraordinary food is the way it is cut and garnished. The whole rack will consist six or seven rib chops; the meat is tender and fine flavored with different herbs and flavor enhancers. The food presentation really captures the eye of your guests with its bone that serves as a handle for each of the chops.
How much is it?
- The cost of the rack of lamb depends on the cost of living in your area and, of course, the quality of the meat. If you are offered rack of lamb at a very cheap price when compared to the normal price, you need to be careful as it may be that the quality of the meat is lacking. In order to find high quality rack of lamb, you may go to your butcher and ask for this cut or you can visit the online shops of renowned meat vendors.
- The usual cost ranges $15-$24 per pound. The price of the rack of lamb depends on the weight of the pack. Therefore, a pack may cost you anywhere from $80-$350.
- For example, the wholesale club such as Costco offers rack of lamb that is already vacuumed sealed and prepared for around $14 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- The weight per pack of the rack of lamb may differ; hence, the price is also dependent on how many pounds a single rack will have. Some dealers include in the price per pound and the shipping fee.
- Usually, a rack of lamb with 6 to 8 chops, which is good for 2 to 4 people, weighs 3-4 pounds. It will be French roast and ready to broil. The pack also includes instruction on how to prepare the dish.
What are the extra costs?
- In addition to the meat, vegetables and other garnishes can enhance the look and add royalty to the dish. These will not be included. You can buy carrots, parsnips, and potatoes and cut them into long strips; you can also garnish it with red pepper strips and other colorful vegetables. There are many lamb recipe books on the market that can help you think of ideas.
- Some grocery stores or butchers may offer a pre-packaged deal that not only includes the rack of lamb, but also includes additional items such as spices, vegetables and more. This rack of lamb can then be put into the oven for a quick, easy recipe.
How can I save money?
- Buying the rack of lamb in greater quantity can save you money. Meat vendors are willing to offer discounts if you buy in bulk.
- If you opt to buy online, you can save the shipping fee if the order is larger in quantity. There are also online promotions, such as if you spend a minimum amount on other meat products, you earn money off the rack of lamb products. Just browse the net and you can surely find one.