How Much Does a Recliner Cost?
A recliner is a type of armchair that reclines when the person sitting on it lowers the chair’s back and the front is raised. The recliner looks like a regular sofa until the back rest is tilted and the foot rest is extended by activating the mechanism. Recliners can be activated 2 ways. These are by pulling a lever on the side, while the other way is done automatically as soon as the occupant reclines his back on the chair. The cost of a recliner is going to depend on the brand, the type of material used, the size, as well as other factors. Recliners have different features which can affect the price of the product. Depending on the quality of the cushions, seat foam, lumbar support and fabric, the price for recliners can be different.
How much is it?
- On average, a recliner can cost anywhere from $110 to as much as $1,800. Higher quality recliners such as those made of leather are going to cost more than those that are made of fabric.
- A recliner sofa that is similar to a couch but reclines can cost anywhere from $900 to $3,500 depending on the type of fabric and brand.
- A recliner that is designed to rock back and forth can cost anywhere from $185 to $500. Keep in mind that some recliners do not rock as a rocking chair, but swivel instead.
- A power recliner that comes equipped with a remote for automatic reclining can cost anywhere from $330 to as much as $1,110.
- For example, a recliner chair made from a chocolate microfiber retails for $194 to $379. An oversized chair such as the ACME oversized plush recliner retails for $391 to $525.
- According to the site HomeFurnish.com, the price for recliners can be anywhere from $500 to $1,000.
- A leading sofa manufacturer such as CSNSofas.com shows several types of recliners that are sold through their site and are priced anywhere from $499 to $2,200.
What are the extra costs?
- The additional cost for recliners is the maintenance that will be involved during its use. Since recliners have a mechanism inside it, this is subjected to wear and tear with continued use.
- Leather recliners will require a special type of cleaner to ensure that the leather stays clean. Over time, these recliners will need to be cleaned.
- A slipcover, or also known as a chair cover, is ideal for those that have children or pets to protect the fabric from getting worn out.
- Local furniture stores may charge an additional delivery fee if a minimum purchase is not met.
What is going to be included?
- Since recliners do not come cheap, manufacturers will usually include a warranty for the product. This will include free repair during the entire length of warranty coverage as stated by the manufacturer. Many furniture stores will also include extended warranties that go outside of the manufacture warranty.
Types of recliners:
- Lift Chair: This type of chair is recommended by doctors. This type of chair is ideal is for people that have a limited capacity to use their legs. These type of chairs can come in various shapes and sizes.
- Massage Recliner: Most massage recliners will come with an automatic remote. This remote can control the massaging functions and can also come with functions such as heat. These recliners can massage your back, as well as the back of your legs.
- Rocker Recliners: This recliner is as the name states: it will rock as well as recline. Most rocker recliners will rock with your body momentum. Some may also be able to swivel as well.
- Wall Hugger Recliners: These type of recliners are ideal for those that have a smaller space. These recliners take up a minimum amount of space. They sit up straight, and have little to no movements.
Top brands to consider:
- Ethan Allen
- Lane Furniture
- Lazy Boy
- Zero Gravity
How can I save money?
- A recliner adds an extra layer of comfort for the person using it. However, this comfort will incur additional price. It is suggested to buy cheaper alternatives such as sofas that can provide the same amount of comfort without the high price tags that recliners carry.
- Many slightly worn out recliners can be found at various places such as thrift stores, garage sales or even online auction sites such as eBay.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|