How Much Does a Sauna Cost?
A sauna is a room that is commonly found in gym locker rooms but can also be found in the home. This is a smaller room that has temperatures up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. The purpose of a sauna is to promote sweating as well as relaxation. The use of sauna is becoming more popular nowadays not only because of its aesthetic and relaxation purposes to one’s home, but also its numerous health benefits to the users. The price of a sauna greatly depends on its type, size, brand, and other factors.
How much is it?
- On average, a sauna can cost anywhere from $1,000 to as much as $9,000. This price will not include installation.
- The smaller saunas that fit 1 to 2 people cost anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000. The average measurement for a 2 person sauna is 4 by 4 feet.
- An infrared sauna is going to cost anyhwere from $900 to as much as $2,000. For example, the Ironman 2 Person Infrared Sauna retails for $950 to $1,200.
- Saunas that fit more than 4 people can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $9,000.
- A 5×8 sauna that is pre-built and fits up to 6 people can retail for $7,500 to $9,000.
- A portable sauna that can be taken anywhere can range from $150 to as much as $500.
What are the extra costs?
- If setting up a sauna in your house, you will need to hire a plumber as well as an electrician to connect the needed wiring and water pipes into the sauna to make it function properly. If the sauna is pre-built, no installation will be necessary.
- There are other accessories available that are not included when you will buy a sauna. Accessories that are recommended for a sauna include a thermometer, headrest, wooden buckets with a ladle, and others.
- Companies online may charge an additional shipping charge due to the weight of the sauna. Check with the company to inquire about their shipping policy.
- Due to the electricity that the sauna uses, do not be surprised if your electric bill is an additional $10 to $55 per month higher.
- While it’s not necessary, many opt to purchase a sauna suit in order to keep their body warm and limber while in the sauna. These suits usually range from $8 to as much as $40.
What is going to be included?
- Usually, a heater as well as a thermostat or thermometer is included in the sauna package. This will monitor the temperature inside the sauna.
- A free safety rail will most likely be included in the package. This is very useful to keep you in balance.
- Other sauna accessories such as floor rocks and water bucket may be included when you will buy a sauna.
- Many well known manufacturers will include a limited warranty that lasts 5 years or more.
How can I save money?
- You should compare the different prices from different stores in your area to find the highest quality sauna at the lowest price.
- If you need to have the sauna professionally installed, it is wise to get at least 3 quotes. Use services such as ServiceMagic to find the best quote in your area.