How Much Does a Sauna Cost?
A sauna is a room that is commonly found in gym locker rooms and even in the home. This is a smaller room that has temperatures up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit. The purpose of a sauna is to promote sweating and relaxation, offering health benefits to its users. The price of a sauna depends on its type, size, brand, delivery charges and if an installer is involved.
How much is it?
- On average, a sauna can cost anywhere from $1,000 to as much as $9,000. This price will not include installation.
- The smaller saunas that fit 1 to 2 people cost anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000. The average measurement for a 2 person sauna is 4 by 4 feet.
- An infrared sauna is going to cost anyhwere from $900 to as much as $2,000. For example, the Ironman 2 Person Infrared Sauna retails for $950 to $1,200.
- Saunas that fit more than 4 people can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $9,000.
- A 5×8 sauna that is pre-built and fits up to 6 people can retail for $7,500 to $9,000.
- A portable sauna that can be taken anywhere can range from $150 to as much as $500.
What are the extra costs?
- If setting up a sauna in your house, you will need to hire a plumber as well as an electrician to connect the needed wiring and water pipes into the sauna to make it function properly. If the sauna is pre-built, no installation will be necessary.
- There are other accessories available that are not included when you will buy a sauna. Accessories that are recommended for a sauna include a thermometer, headrest, wooden buckets with a ladle, and others.
- Companies online may charge an additional shipping charge due to the weight of the sauna. Check with the company to inquire about their shipping policy.
- Due to the electricity that the sauna uses, do not be surprised if your electric bill is an additional $10 to $55 per month higher.
- While it’s not necessary, many opt to purchase a sauna suit in order to keep their body warm and limber while in the sauna. These suits usually range from $8 to as much as $40.
What is going to be included?
- Usually, a heater as well as a thermostat or thermometer is included in the sauna package. This will monitor the temperature inside the sauna.
- A free safety rail will most likely be included in the package. This is very useful to keep you in balance.
- Other sauna accessories such as floor rocks and water bucket may be included when you will buy a sauna.
- Many well known manufacturers will include a limited warranty that lasts 5 years or more.
How can I save money?
- You should compare the different prices from different stores in your area to find the highest quality sauna at the lowest price.
- If you need to have the sauna professionally installed, it is wise to get at least 3 quotes. Use services such as ServiceMagic to find the best quote in your area.