How Much Does a Segway Cost?
A Segway is a type of personal transporter that allows an individual to move easily from one place to another. Segways are two wheeled vehicles that can carry one rider. They can run up to 12.5 miles per hour and are powered by rechargeable batteries. The price of Segways can depend on the model, condition and where it’s purchased from.
How much does a segway cost?
- Segways are quite pricey and should only be purchased if absolutely necessary. There are different models of Segways sold in the country and they can be used for different purposes. The segway cost can range from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on the model of the unit.
- A Segway scooter that is slightly different than the original Segway can retail anywhere from $1,400 used to as much as $3,000 used. The scooter is different since it has two more wheels toward the back, allowing for greater balance and easier use.
- A basic model such as the Segway i2 sells for the price of $6,999 while another model, the x2, has off road tires cost the same. Other models such as the x2 Golf and the i2 that has a SegSeat can cost up to $7,999.
i2 Personal Transporter
What is going to be included?
- When you buy a Segway, all of the accessories necessary to operate it will be included. The unit will come with rechargeable batteries, cables used to charge the batteries, as well as a wireless Info Key controller.
- The manufacturer will also include a warranty in case repair is needed on any defects that occur within a specific time frame.
- Depending on the type of Segway, most can reach speeds of up to 12.5 MPH, have a range of 24 miles on one battery charge, and can weigh up to 120 pounds. Most of the newer Segways are going to run on lithium-ion batteries. To get more information, visit their official FAQ webpage.
i2 Personal Transporter
Completely versatile and eco-friendly, the i2 can travel 24 miles on a single battery charge. Depending on the terrain, the i2 can move both backwards and fowards. Traveling faster than 12.5 mph, it has a built-in alarm, wireless controller and other various features.
Providing enhanced performances compared to the personal transporter, the Xt can travel on uneven terrians, dirt and pavement. Deisgned to protect the rider from debrise, the Xt is ideal for those that want to travel outdoor trails.
Designed for golf courses, the x2 can hold a golf bag and work uneven terrain. Ideal for traveling all sorts of golf courses, this is a great alternative to golf carts.
What are the extra costs?
- A Segway offers several additional accessories that you can purchase to enhance your experience when riding the unit. Through their official website, you can purchase different accessories such as the handlebar bag, LED head and tail light, parking stand and lock kits.
- When your battery runs out and it has reached its maximum number of allowable recharge, you will have to purchase new ones. These can be found on the official website of the manufacturer as well as different dealers across the country.
- If you choose to finance your Segway, you will most likely have to pay a certain percent of interest. This will depend on the seller, the terms and length of the contract, and the model you purchase.
Tips to know:
- A Segway is usually used for recreational purposes, while some use it due to the inability to move around. Make sure that the local government allows the use of the unit in your area so that you do not waste money on something that you will not be able to use often.
- Buy the cheapest model, as this provides all the basic riding experience that you need while avoiding the high costs of buying the more expensive model.
- Keep in mind that all public areas may have restrictions with Segways. It’s important to know your local laws to make sure that something like this is legal.
- A Segway does have certain weight restrictions. It’s important that the rider is between 100 and 260 pounds.
How can I save money?
- Check with different stores to see if the unit is being offered on sale. Since the price of Segways around the country may not be very different from one another, try to find a store that has one on sale to get it at a discounted price.
- Buy the bare bones model if you are just interested in experiencing riding the unit. You can buy additional accessories to improve your riding experience on the unit.
- Highly consider purchasing a Segway used. Sites such as Craigslist and eBay have many listings for the fraction of the cost of the retail price.
- If you live in or are visiting a high tourist area, Segways can often be found for rent. Check with local businesses for prices.