How Much Does a Shed Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
A shed is an outdoor structure usually located in a person’s back yard. Sheds are mostly used for storage of things that people may not need, such as Christmas decorations in the summer. Sheds can also be used to store items such as lawn mowers, bikes, and other outdoor equipment during the winter months. There are three different types of sheds, and each differs in size and shape. Most houses have small domestic sheds, which are the simplest and least expensive form of shed. The other types of sheds are large domestic and sheds that are made for specific use.
How much is it?
- There are three different types of sheds and they vary in size and shape. The sheds can be made of different materials which can cost more or less than others. Other factors that can affect the price of a shed are the features, since they can have additional components installed inside your house. On average, a shed can cost anywhere from $1,000 to as much as $8,000 for the complete set up.
- Pine and vinyl sheds can cost $2,200 to $6,600 while clap-board and cedar-cabin sheds can cost $2,900 to $7900. Another type of shed that is sold is a barn type. This type of shed can cost $1,600 to $2,700.
- For those that want to build a shed themselves, complete kits can be purchased online for $50 to as much as $900. This is going to greatly depend on the complexity of the shed. For example, the 2×4 basics 90192 shed retails for $50 to $110.
- For example, ShedCity.com offers a variety of sheds from which you can choose and they sell different sheds that vary in size. The company offers sheds that are sized 8×8 to 12×24. The shed can be made out of smart boards which can cost anywhere from $2,150 to $5,850.
- Redi Bilt is a company that sells overhang sheds that have varying sizes which starts at 6 x 8 feet to 10 x 12 feet. The price of overhang sheds range from $1,850 to $3,100. This price includes installation and delivery.
What is going to be included?
- Sheds can either be installed or delivered to the customer’s location. Companies can provide a fully constructed shed that includes several parts such as doors, windows and shelves inside.
- Clients can choose from a variety of materials that will be used to construct the shed. These can be made of wood or steel. Customers also have the option to add several components to the shed that can provide additional storage space.
What are the extra costs?
- If you have the raw materials for the shed, you can hire a contractor that can construct the shed for you. This will be considered as an additional cost especially if they have the design and plan for the shed that they will be making.
- Additional parts of the shed can also have additional costs such as the addition of doors, windows and cupolas. They can cost anywhere from $100 to $325 depending on the size.
- The interior of the shed can have particular add-ons as well such as shelving, hooks, compartments and more. Each add-on can be considered an additional cost.
Tips to know:
- The price of a shed is proportional to the size of it. Make sure that you have a shed constructed with additional space since you may need the extra storage space in the future but without wasting space.
- Make sure that the materials that will be used on the shed are durable and can be resistant to the weather and other harsh conditions outside.
- The shed kits that can be bought and put together by the customer are not going to be as durable as those built and delivered by a company. You may want to base this decision on the weather in your area.
How can I save money?
- Choosing the right materials for the shed will enable you to save in the long run. The initial investment may be higher but it will last longer, enabling you to save money in the long run.
- The appropriate sized shed will enable you to save money since the bigger the space is the more expensive it can get, but not having enough space can cost you more.
- If you are going to hire a contractor to help with building the shed, consider using sites such as ServiceMagic.com to help find the cheapest quotes in your area.