How Much Does a Shih Tzu Cost?
There are several breeds of dog available for sale and this provides people the option to choose the right breed that would suit your lifestyle. Dogs have different temperaments which suits perfectly to different types of people. There are dogs bred to accompany hunters and there are some bred to become guard dogs. Most people would just prefer to have a pet dog in the house. Pet dogs are probably the most popular breed of dogs, not only they are cute but they are very loyal to their owners. One type of pet dog is a Shih Tzu; they are a breed of dog that originated from China and are pretty small and can weigh up to 4 to 7 kilograms.
How much is it?
- Like other dogs, the factors that can affect the price of Shih Tzu are almost the same. Depending on whether the dog is male or female, this can affect the price although not in a big way. Another factor that can affect the price of the dog is the age as well as the quality of the breed. The seller of the dog would also have discretion on how much they will sell the dog for. On average, this breed can cost anywhere from $300 to as much as $850.
- According to the website NextDayPets.com, the Shih Tzu puppies sold on this site are from all across the country. To give you an idea of the pricing, Shih Tzu puppies in the Missouri area which are either male or female can cost anywhere from $350 to $450. These dogs can be from 6 to 10 weeks.
- PuppyFind.com is another website that also advertises dogs sold by pet owners from across the country. Some of the dogs that they sell are AKC registered. The price of the puppies that they sell can range anywhere from $400 to $850.
What is going to be included?
- Shih Tzu puppies are already given the necessary medicine such as vaccinations to make sure that the dogs do not acquire illnesses during their early years when their immune system is at its weakest. Breeders will be able to provide all the appropriate paperwork when they are adopted.
- Some puppies would be registered by the owners already, saving you money from having them registered and obtaining a license for the dog.
What are the extra costs?
- If you are taking care of a pet in your house, you need to make sure that you provide the necessary supplies that they need. Taking care of animals is a big responsibility and you will need to spend on these items to make sure that they feel comfortable.
- Animals also need to get medical attention as well. You will need to schedule a visit to the vet just to guarantee that the dogs are healthy and that any illnesses will be detected early on.
- If having the dog shipped via an airline or shipping company, the cost of shipments can start at $200 and go up from there.
How can I save money?
- Compare prices between different breeders and you may want to negotiate with the pet owner as they can probably give you a fair price for the dog. Make sure that you give a fair offer and try to get the lowest price that you can.
- If looking for a dog that is registered as an AKC, always make sure that you receive legitimate paperwork.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|