How Much Does a Shovel Cost?
A shovel is a tool that can help you with many projects that involve digging. Depending on whether you are digging dirt, gravel, coal, or another element, the tool you use may differ, and there may be other tools involved in addition to the shovel. Shovels are very common tools that are used extensively in construction, gardening, and agriculture. Shovels are hand tools that have a broad blade attached to a handle. The blades are usually made of sheet steel or plastic and can hold heavy objects. The handle can be different lengths and can be of varying thickness, and the blade can come in many different shapes and sizes.
How much is it?
- As mentioned earlier, shovels are made of different materials and this is one of the factors why the price can be different. Also, there are different types of shovels that you can use for different purposes which can also affect the price of the tool. Finally, shovels also come in different sizes and this is also considered in determining much the tool will be sold for. On average, a shovel can cost anywhere $5 to as much as $70 per shovel.
- For instance, a highly rated shovel such as the Fiskars 9668 Long Handle shovel retails for $29 to $33. This is an ideal shovel for any type of digging and comes equipped with a lifetime warranty.
- A folding shovel can run from $5 to as much as $35. As the name states, these shovels are different from a regular shovel since they can fold up and allow easy storage.
- Shovels used to shovel snow can cost anywhere from $54 to $60. A more durable shovel with a fiberglass handle, for example, can cost $60 to $70.
- HomeGardenandPatio.com is an online store that sells several types of shovels. This store sells regular shovels for general use and they are priced anywhere from $39 to $55. The gardening shovels that they have in smaller varieties cost $8 to $10 each.
What is going to be included?
- Shovels are already assembled when they are purchased from stores. The blade is already firmly attached to the handle. Blades are often made of metal while the handle is usually made of wood.
- Shovels also have different functions. There are regular shovels and there are shovels that can act as a clamp as well. There are some made of rugged material often used in tough patches of snow and ice.
- Shovels also come with manufacturer’s warranty; the length of the warranty depends on the manufacturer.
What are the extra costs?
- For easy storage, there are shovel hangers that you can purchase. This type of accessory usually costs $8 to $10.
- Shovels are pretty common tools that you can purchase mostly in home improvement and gardening stores. There are no additional costs involved when you purchase one unless you buy it online. You may then have to pay for shipping and handling costs if they apply.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Buy a shovel based on the project for which it will be used. This will guarantee you that the shovel you use will be more efficient and the chances of it breaking would be lessened.
- Most of the stores that sell shovels sell them at a discounted price or on sale. Look for these stores and shop around. This will ensure that you will find the shovel at the lowest price guaranteed.
- Look for sales at the beginning of spring and the end of summer. Most stores will have them on sale at the beginning of the season since people are thinking of getting out side. They will then have them on sale at the end of the season since they need to get rid of them to make way for other inventory.