How Much Does a Snowboard Cost?
The cost of a snowboard is only one of the many costs in the sport of snowboarding. Snowboards are different than skis in many ways, including artistic style. Most snowboards are much more highly decorated than skis, and many also have signatures of famous snowboarders from around the world.
How much are typical snowboard prices?
- A child’s recreational snowboard, which can be used almost like a sled, will only cost about $30-$60. These snowboards do not need special boots – they simply strap to your child’s feet. For example, the Snowboogie 95cm can be found for $30.
- A new adult snowboard can cost $100-$1000. The difference in price is based mostly on the quality and manufacturer of the board. At Pro Board Shop, a women’s Avalanche Le Femme will cost about $160 while a men’s Burton Vapor 157 will cost $900.
- A woman’s snowboard is going to cost anywhere from $160 to as much as $500 for a higher end, while a men’s board is going to cost $200 to as much as $1,000.
- Customized boards that can have customized art and a specific style to the rider can start at $500. This will all depend on the company that will be performing the customization job.
What is going to be included?
- Most snowboards should come with some type of limited manufacturer’s warranty.
What are the extra costs?
- While most skis come with the bindings necessary to connect the boots, snowboards do not. Bindings must be purchased separately. See: “How much do snowboard bindings cost?“
- There are many other accessories you will need when snowboarding, such as gloves, goggles, coats,etc. This type of equipment is designed to make sure that the maximum comfort is given when boarding.
- While optional, a case is ideal for those that want to protect their boards during transport or during the offseason. Most boarders that have a higher priced board consider purchasing a case.
Tips to know:
- Find out what kind of riding style you prefer. Common riding styles are going to include freestyle. Unless you’re an advanced snowboarder, it’s ideal to stick to this kind of riding style.
- If you’re a beginner with the sport, consider choosing a board that is smaller. Beginners tend to have an easier time with boards that are shorter in length. One of the main reasons is that it gives them a better “maneuverability” feel.
- The stiffness of the board is going to give the rider a sense of turning. Beginner’s should always choose to go with a board that is softer.
- If you’re unsure of what kind of board you want, consider talking with a local shop. This is going to give you a better understanding as what’s going to work for you as well as give you a good idea on how the board is going to fit. Always consider purchasing your board in person.
- Consider demoing the board before purchasing it. Many shops will be more than happy to allow you to try one out. Just like a car or a bike, each one is going to have it’s own feel.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Buying snowboards and snowboard equipment at the end of the snowboarding season can save you a lot of money.
- Buying a used snowboard through services such as Amazon, eBay, and Craig’s List can also save a lot of money.
- If you are not sure whether you are going to enjoy snowboarding, you can rent the equipment the first time so that you don’t waste your money if you don’t enjoy it.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|