How Much Does a Tablet PC Cost?
A tablet PC greatly varies from your basic laptop and desktop. A tablet PC is equipped with both a touchscreen and/or stylus very similar to the Apple iPad. It’s a portable computer that generally weighs less than a few pounds. The screen size will vary anywhere from 9 inches to as big as 14″+. While it works just like a laptop, it’s capabilities allow you to write on the screen and more without having to use the keyboard or mouse.
How much is it?
- A handheld tablet PC can cost anywhere from $98 to as much as $450. This is going to depend on the type of tablet, the amount of space as well as other features.
- Newer technology such as a netbook that can convert into a tablet PC can range anywhere form $430 to as much as $1,500. Popular brands such as Dell, HP and Panasonic sell a wide array of makes and models.
- Tablets that run on the Android operating system can range anywhere from $189 to as much as $500. Popular models such as the ASUS Eee Pad and Motorola XOOM both run on the Android operating software platform.
- For example, The eLocity A7 Touchscreen Android based tablet PC will vary anywhere from $350 to as much as $450. The ASUS Eee Slate EP121 is one of the higher end tablets. This one runs anywhere from $1,000 to as much as $1,500.
- The Dell Streak 7 4G Android runs around $450 to $550.
- Tablet PCs that run on the iOS platform such as the iPad can range anywhere from $325 to $750. See: “How much does an iPad cost?“
- The Apple iPad 32GB version varies from $550 to as much as $700, depending on the options that you choose.
- PCs that run on the Windows operating system can cost anywhere from $350 to $1,200.
- The Viewsonic G-Tablet with a 10″ screen is going to run anywhere from $375 to as much as $500 at your local retail shop.
- The ViewSonic VPAD7 ViewPad runs anywhere from $400 to as much as $550 retail, brand new.
What is going to be included?
- Most Tablet PCs come with your basic applications. While many are free, and available to download, each company is going to vary on what they include.
- The hard drive, which is usually a small flash card on most models is included as well. This can vary from 4GB all the way up to 500GB+
- Most tablets as of 2011 have built in cameras that are capable of taking high quality pictures. Many include web cams as well.
What are the extra costs?
- Most tables are going to require a case. While a case is optional, this is going to protect the PC from scratches, dings and more.
- If your tablet comes with cell phone coverage such as 3G/4G, the cell phone carrier will require that you pay an additional fee to use their networks.
- Most software that you may be interested will more than likely cost you additional on the app store, and more.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Consider purchasing your tablet PC on auction sites such as eBay.
- Wait for great deals to pop up. A great place to scour for coupons, as well as deals are websites such as SlickDeals.net.