How Much Does a Wetsuit Cost?
Wetsuits are garments that are usually made of neoprene and are worn by people who are participating in water activites. There are several things that can be done in the water as well as under it. People like to go surfboarding, canoeing or windsurfing as well as diving and white water rafting. Like other physical activities done on land, there is appropriate attire for people to wear in order to properly perform these water activities. The water suit provides thermal insulation, abrasion resistance, and buoyancy to the person wearing it. There are different types of wetsuits that made for different purposes and for different temperatures. Wetsuits also come in different styles and sizes. There are thin wetsuits that cover only the torso to a full 8mm semi dry wetsuit that is complemented by neoprene boots, gloves and head gear. The price of a wetsuit depends on the type of wetsuit as well as the brand, since there are plenty of different manufacturers that make the wetsuit.
How much is it?
- On average, a wetsuit can cost anywhere from $25 to as much as $500. Wetsuits are pretty common these days and they are widely available in different shops as well as through different online stores. The price of a wetsuit depends on the size as well as the type of wetsuit that you will purchase. The quality of the wetsuit can also vary depending on the manufacturer, and this can have quite an impact on the price.
- For example, the highly popular product NeoSport Wetsuit retails for $30 to $65 depending on the size of the suit. This particular suit can protect snorkelers from UV protection as well as provide defense against jelly fish, irritants, and sea lice.
- Wetsuits for men that are used for surfing can cost $22 to $350, while wetsuits for women can cost anywhere from $30 to $180. These are usually wetsuit jackets only. A wetsuit that covers the whole body can cost $250 to $550.
- Rip Curl is one of the more popular brands making wetsuits today. They sell their wetsuits in different stores, but they also carry them through their official website. A guys’ wetsuit can cost anywhere from $240 to $420 while a women’s wetsuit can cost anywhere from $95 to $320.
What is going to be included?
- Companies that manufacture wetsuits will provide different levels of warranties depending on the damage done to the wetsuit. One company’s policy allows up to 3 years of warranty for stitching and minor repairs and 12 months on materials.
- Most wetsuits are going to protect the user from dangerous materials in the water such as jellyfish, lice and other biological irritants. These suits will also provide comfort as well as keep the user warm while in the water.
What are the extra costs?
- There are several accessories that you will have to purchase in addition to the wetsuit. These include the gloves as well as a hood depending on the activity for which you will use the wetsuit.
- If your wetsuit is damaged, there are repair services that can be performed. These can cost $8 to $44 depending on the damage on the wetsuit.
How can I save money?
- There are different types of wetsuits that you can purchase, so make sure that the suit will be appropriate to the water sport that you will perform. If you are going to be casually using it from time to time, a wetsuit that is under $50 should suffice.
- If you are doing an activity such as white water rafting or surfing while on vacation, wetsuits are usually available to rent for much cheaper. This usually costs $10-$30, but can sometimes even be included in the package price charged for the activity.