How Much Does a Zip Line Cost?
A zip line used to be a means of transportation for people that lived on the mountains. It consists of a pulley suspended on a cable which was usually made of stainless steel and mounted on an incline. People in the mountains place goods on baskets and let them slide across the cable. Today, however, zip lines are mostly used as a form of entertainment. Zip lines designed for children are short and low while commercial establishments often place zip lines in between large gaps and they often collect payments from people who want to try it out. They are now popular vacation activities in which people can experience the thrill of flying by sliding across the cable at moderate to high velocity.
How much is it?
- Zip lines can be found in stores that sell accessories for recreational activities. Most of the zip lines sold in these stores are to be installed at home to be used by kids. The price would depend on the materials used to manufacture the zip line. The stores that carry them would also sell them at different prices.
- A zip line kit that has a trolley cable system for children and adults. It can go up to 90 feet and can support weight reaching up to 250 pounds. The price of a zip line kit can range anywhere from $130 to $200.
- Zip lining is now considered as one of the more popular summer and recreational activities. On average, if you want to zipline at a resort or somewhere else, plan on spending $5 to $35 for the entire trip.
- ParkCityMountain.com lets you enjoy zip lining 110 feet above the park with speeds reaching up to 45 mile per hour. The cost to enjoy this ride can range anywhere from $7 to $22.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy zip line accessories, you will usually get a full set. The set would include a heavy duty cable and ridged hand grips. Screws and bolts will be included as well for easy installation of the product.
- If you are going out and want to try out zip lining across bigger gaps, there are tourist spots that offer these. Upon payment, the company allows for one-way trip on the zip line. They will secure you in a harness, give you basic instructions, and then let you jump.
What are the extra costs?
- To add different aspects to zip lining experience, you can purchase additional accessories that you can install into the zip line. You can purchase a transport pulley that can be connected to a body harness so your hands will not get tired while zip lining. Instead of having to hold you own body weight, the harness will do it for you.
- You can also extend the length of the cable by purchasing galvanized industrial strength cables. These are also available in different stores and usually start at $50.
Tips to know:
- Zip lines have load capacity which limits the amount of weight they can support at any given time. Be sure to follow this since it can be dangerous for several people riding the zip line.
How can I save money?
- A zip line can provide a new experience for kids and adults alike. There are several things that you can consider when buying this item. Identify the distance between the two posts where you will attach the cables so you will be able to buy the appropriate length of the cable. Also, do not be too cheap when it comes to zip line accessories; make sure they are made from durable materials since your safety is at risk.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|