How Much Does a Zip Line Cost?
A zip line used to be a means of transportation for people who lived on the mountains. It had a pulley suspended on a cable which was usually made of stainless steel and mounted on an incline. People in the mountains place goods on baskets and let it slide across the cable. Today, however, zip lines are mostly used as a form of entertainment.
How much is it?
- The price of a zip line kit can range anywhere from $130 to $200. The price of a zip line kit can depend on the length, the company manufacturing it and where you purchase it form.
- Zip lining is now considered as one of the more popular summer and recreational activities. On average, if you want to zipline at a resort or somewhere else, plan on spending $5 to $35 for the entire trip.
- ParkCityMountain.com lets you enjoy zip lining 110 feet above the park with speeds reaching up to 45 mile per hour. The cost to enjoy this ride can range anywhere from $7 to $22.
What is going to be included?
- When you buy zip line accessories, you will usually get a full set. The set would include a heavy duty cable and ridged hand grips. Screws and bolts will be included as well for easy installation of the product.
- If you are going out and want to try out zip lining across bigger gaps, there are tourist spots that offer these. Upon payment, the company allows for one-way trip on the zip line. They will secure you in a harness, give you basic instructions, and then let you jump.
What are the extra costs?
- To add different aspects to zip lining experience, you can purchase additional accessories that you can install into the zip line. You can purchase a transport pulley that can be connected to a body harness so your hands will not get tired while zip lining. Instead of having to hold you own body weight, the harness will do it for you.
- You can also extend the length of the cable by purchasing galvanized industrial strength cables. These are also available in different stores and usually start at $50.
Tips to know:
- Zip lines have load capacity which limits the amount of weight they can support at any given time. Be sure to follow this since it can be dangerous for several people riding the zip line.
How can I save money?
- A zip line can provide a new experience for kids and adults alike. There are several things that you can consider when buying this item. Identify the distance between the two posts where you will attach the cables so you will be able to buy the appropriate length of the cable. Also, do not be too cheap when it comes to zip line accessories; make sure they are made from durable materials since your safety is at risk.