How Much Does AGA Stove Cost?
The AGA stove is a stove created from cast iron. This material can absorb the heat continuously and heat items on the stovetop. This cooker was invested in 1922 by Swedish physicist Gustaf Dalen.
How much is it?
- The price of these stoves usually ranges from $3,500 to $10,000. The AGA stove comes in different models and can be purchased in many home appliance stores both in-store as well as online. The price usually depends on the number of ovens and stove tops the oven has.
- For example, a mid-range level stove which is made of stainless steel and has 7 different multi-function programmable ovens can range from $5,000 to $7,500.
- A model such as the Legacy range, which has a 44-inch dual fuel stove, 6 burners and a cathedral door, ranges from $6,400 to $6,700.
- US Appliance is an online appliance store that sells different AGA stoves. The cheapest model that they have is the stainless steel 36” self clean dual fuel range. This model can be purchased for $4,349 to $4,500, while the higher end models that they offer can be purchased for $9,200 to $9,600. This higher-end model is a six four series cast iron dual fuel range.
What is going to be included?
- The AGA stove has different features that can be very useful to someone who is serious about cooking. Depending on the model of the stove, the number of burners and ovens can be different. Also, the sizes of the ovens and the stoves can be different.
- The ovens have an integral ignition, which is activated directly from each control without the need to use a separate button.
- The company may provide warranty for the oven. Each manufacturer’s warranty will vary, so be sure to read into the fine print to know what is going to be covered.
What are the extra costs?
- There have been reports that the AGA stove has a higher energy consumption compared to a traditional stove. The gas used for the stoves can be considered as an additional cost. In fact, these stoves have been criticized because of its high energy consumption. According to Wikipedia, a two-oven AGA stove running on gas can use 425 kWh per wek.
- Consider maintenance costs in the future.
How can I save money?
- There are stores that may sell the stove at a discounted price. These stores usually cut at least 5% to 10% off of the total price of the stove during sales and promotions. Keep your eyes peeled for deals that may be shown online.
- It may be best to check for used models through sites such as Craigslist.
- Even if your warranty is expired, it doesn’t hurt to call the manufacturer and see what they are willing to do. Many companies will still cover things to keep their name suggested and referred.