How Much Does Ahi Tuna Cost?
Ahi Tuna is one of the many different varieties of fish that can be obtained from the ocean, and they can be prepared in a number of ways. Because the planet earty is mostly covered with water, the oceans and lakes provide many resources which are helpful to people. Since the ancient times, fish have been providing sustenance to man. One of the most popular fishes available on the market is taken from the yellow fin tuna which is often marketed as Ahi tuna. The Ahi tuna is widely used in raw fish dishes, especially sashimi. They are also good for grilling often served seared rare.
How much is it?
- There are different cuts of Ahi tuna sold on the market, and the price can be different depending on how much the fish weighs. The different stores that sell the fish will have the discretion on how much they will charge for the tuna as well. Ahi tuna also has different grades and ratings, and the price can be based on this as well.
- Ahi Tuna is going to more than likely come in packs that range anywhere from 4 to 12 pounds. On average, the Ahi tuna can range from $22 to as much as $30 per pound.
- For example, a sashimi grade tuna steak that can be cooked or flash frozen, which enables the fish to lock the deep, rich, fresh flavor, can be purchased for $100 to $150 for 8 steaks that can weigh up to 4 pounds.
- Giovanni’s Fish Market is one of the many stores that sell Ahi tuna per pound rather than in packs. They guarantee that their product is sold fresh and are not frozen. The fish they sell are flown from Hawaii overnight and have different characteristics such as purplish flesh and sweet meat and are sold for $25 to $28 per pound.
- If you are looking for a store that sells different types of tuna, Catalina Offshore Products sells sushi grade Ahi tuna which can be priced anywhere from $23 to $25.
What is going to be included?
- The store that will sell the Ahi tuna will remove any guts and slice the tuna so that it is prepared properly. They will also retain the skin and remove most of the bloodline.
- If the tuna is kept in an aquarium, they will be prepared once they are ordered. The shipping for the item is kept at a minimum to retain freshness of the food if purchased online. For those that purchase from a local fish market, the market can process the fish right away.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to receive the product as soon as possible, you can opt to have it shipped in a faster manner. However, this can be considered as additional cost.
Tips to know:
- Ahi tuna can be served in a number of different ways although they are best served raw as sashimi.
- The Greenpeace organization listed this type of fish in their red list; you may want to consider other types of fishes to be prepared rather than buying Ahi tuna.
How can I save money?
- There are several sources of Ahi tuna from which it can be prurchased. While it is always best to purchase from a local fish market; if this cannot happen, it may be best to consider purchasing the tune from an online resource that can ship it out immediately.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|