How Much Does an Eggplant Cost?
Eggplant is one of the many types of vegetables that are available to us to eat. Vegetables are one of the most important things that we grow and eay because they provide so many nutrients. Vegetables are couples with fruits as the healthiest food items we can consume. The eggplant itself has several varieties which can be found in different parts of the world. Studies have shown that eggplant is effective in treating high cholesterol. An eggplant is smooth and the numerous seeds found in them are edible along with the rest of the vegetable. The skin of the eggplant is also edible, which makes peeling unnecessary.
How much is it?
- There are several varieties of the eggplant available to the consumer. The price of each variety differs depending on the size and the number to be purchased. The stores that sell the eggplants usually sell them at different praices, but eggplants are usually sold per pound; the price can range from $1 to $5 per pound. This price depends on the time of year and any sales the store may be having.
- A fully grown eggplant that has a Thai variety can cost anywhere from $10 to $11, while the purple variety can cost $5 to $8. Something such as a caponata eggplant or even eggplant seeds can cost $1 to $5.
- Temple of Thai is a company that supplies different food items in the country. They offer a wide variety of products that come straight from the country in which the product is produced. The Thai eggplant, or apple eggplant, that they sell is priced anywhere from $6 to $8 per 8 ounce.
- ImportFood.com is another site that imports different fruits and vegetables from their country of origin. Like Temple of Thai, this store also sells a wide variety of fruits and vegetables that are in season. They sell eggplants that can cost $12 to $15 per 16 ounces, which can have as much as 20 eggplants.
What is going to be included?
- Eggplants are food products that are rich in folic acid and potassium. They are also a source of nicotine, although the amount of nicotine is negligible compared to passive smoking.
- Eggplants do not come with any other products since they are in itself ready to cook food items.
What are the extra costs?
- If you order online, be prepared to pay for shipping charges. This will be based on the weight of the eggplant that you have purchased.
- Eggplants that are purchased in the off-season are going to cost more compared to purchasing them while they are in season.
Tips to know:
- There are several varieties of eggplants sold on the market which can be used for different recipes when cooking.
- Eggplants are not that hard to take care of. You can purchase plants or seeds if you have the skills and right type of soil in your garden to grow it yourself.
- Avoid buying fresh produce online as delivery time can affect the quality. Drive to your regular grocery store if you want fresh produce.
- There are many recipes and tips for using eggplant that can be found online and in cookbooks. Do some research to find how to use eggplants the best way.
How can I save money?
- Make sure that you browse through different stores to make sure that you find one that sells the product at a low price.
- If you meet the minimum purchase requirement of some sites, they will include shipping for free.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|