How Much Does An Oak Tree Cost?
Oak trees come in all shapes and sizes. If you’re looking for one for your yard, or potentially to start one from a seedling, there are many factors to be included when trying to get an exact price for a tree such as this type. There are many types such as a Black, Bur, Nuttall, Northern and more.
How much is it?
- According to NatureHills.com and the State of Minnesota, there are many various types of oak trees. A Black Oak, for example will range from $15 to $25 for a tree anywhere from 6″ to 18″. Other types are listed below:
- A Bur Oak will cost $20 to $100.
- A Chestnut Oak will cost anywhere from $13 to $35.
- A Cherrybark will vary from $15 to $25.
- A Northern Red Oak will cost anywhere from an average of $15 to $60.
- A Nuttall Oak can cost as much as $20 to $40.
- A Pin Oak ranges from $16 to $100.
- A Sawtooth Oak costs anywhere from $10 to $90.
- A Southern Red Oak will run anywhere from $9 to $45.
- A Swamp Oak can cost $20 to $70.
- A Water Oak can be as much as $15 to $30.
- A Willow Oak can cost as much as $12 to $35.
- The seeds themselves can cost anywhere from $1 to $10 per 100 seeds.
- For a mature oak tree that is large than 10 feet can start at the $1,000 price mark and go from there.
What is going to be included?
- If you purchase an Oak Tree from a nursery online, they will more than likely include a pot compacted with soil to keep the tree fresh.
- Some nurseries may also include a small supply of tree fertilizer to jump start the growth of the tree itself.
What are the extra costs?
- Purchasing from a nursery online may incur some shipping charges. The larger the tree is, the more you’re going to have to pay.
- If you want to get the tree planted by a professional, this can cost upwards of a few hundred dollars. Use sites such as ServiceMagic to find contractors in your area.
Tips to know:
- Oak trees can live up to more than 200 years! The trunk’s circumference can also grow to more than 32 feet. This is why it’s important to plan before planting this tree to ensure that it will have the appropriate amount of room to grow.
- A mature oak tree can draw more than 50 gallons of water per days. It’s important that these trees are giving the proper amount of nutrients, sun and plant food to ensure that they grow properly. If it doesn’t produce the appropriate amount of nutrients, acorns and the tree won’t grow.
- Once the tree gets to be about 20 years old, it will start to product acorns. It’s not uncommon to see them reach the age of 50 before producing them. Once the tree gets close to the age of 80, the tree will start to product thousands of acorns.
How can I save money?
- Consider comparing prices at various nurseries as you’re going to find that they will all vary in price. Online stores such as BloomingBulb.com have a wide variety of oak trees for sale.
- The larger the tree is, the more you’re going to pay. If you have the patience to watch your tree grow, consider starting it young.