How Much Does an Oven Cost?
The two main choices when shopping for a stove are gas or electric and freestanding or wall ovens. A gas stove will be cheaper on energy and will provide for better control of temperature, and an electric stove is capable of lower and more even heat. Wall ovens will be inserted directly into your wall, taking up some cupboard space but less floor space. Wall ovens also lack the stove top option. All of these types of stoves or ovens will be in about the same price range.
How much is it?
- The price of a stove will usually fall between $250 to $2,000. While it is possible to find a good sale and get one cheaper, it is also possible to buy a more commercial-like stove and spend up to $3000; however, most normal residential stoves will fall in this price range.
- The lower end of the electric range oven, such as the Frigidaire 30″ Freestanding Electric Range, which can be found at Best Buy retails for $260.00. The lower-end gas range oven such as the Galaxy 30″ freestanding gas range, which can be purchased at Sears, retails for $270.
- The middle of the price range such as the Whirlpool GGE388LXB electric range oven, which sells at ABC Warehouse, sells for around $1200 or the GE Adora 30″ freestanding electric range oven found at Home Depot for about $1,000.
- The higher-end stoves and ovens include the GE Profile sold at Lowes for $1,800 or the Maytag Gemini sold for $1,800. Higher end oven ranges are going to have features such as digital displays and pilot-less ignition.
- CompactAppliances.com, a large online appliance retailer has a range of wall ovens that cost anywhere from $900 to as much as $3,000.
What is going to be included?
- All of the hoses and cords needed to install the oven properly will be included.
- A users’ manual with instructions for use and installation will be given to the consumer.
- Most freestanding range ovens have the oven, the stove top, a drawer for storage of pans or baking sheets, etc. Other options could include self-cleaning and glass top stoves, which are generally more expensive.
- Most name brands are going to come with a limited warranty that can last up to a lifetime. Each and every warranty will be different, so be sure to know what yours is going to cover.
What are the extra costs?
- If you would like you new oven professionally installed, this will cost between $100-$250 extra.
- If you need to have your new oven delivered to your home, there is usually a delivery charge of $25-$75 depending on the distance.
- You can buy extra burners for gas stoves for an additional cost. This cost will depend on the band of stove. To have your electric oven converted to a gas line, additional fees can apply.
Tips to know:
- Be sure to measure the exact oven size before setting out to purchase one. Each oven is going to have it’s own dimensions. You’ll want to make sure that this particular oven is going to fit the space in your kitchen.
- Be sure to know your hook-ups. Is it electric of gas? While one can be converted, it’s going to cost more money.
- Check out the various features such as self-cleaning. The more features an oven has, the higher the price may be.
Top brands to consider:
How can I save money?
- Shopping around and watching for sales is the best way to save money. Because an oven is essential for homeowners, this is something that you will have to purchase at some point in your life. Taking a few weeks or months to shop around can save you a lot of money over an impulse buy.
- Consider talking with appliance stores to see if they offer free installation if the oven is purchased through their store. If so, this is a great way to save upwards of $250+