How Much Does Arugula Cost?
Arugula is one of the healthiest ingredients that used in dishes such as vegetable salads. The arugula is a Mediterranean plant which is low growing with flowers that have yellow-white petals and leaves that are dull green, pungent, and peppery. The arugula has been traced all the way back to the Roman empire when it was grown and used as an edible herb. Arugula is also known as roquette or rocket salad. In fact, the arugula is a favorite of chefs and cooks worldwide. The arugula grows best in cool weather. For centuries, the arugula has been part of dishes and now is most often used as a favorite addition to green salads.
How much does it cost?
- The cost of the arugula differs due to several factors. Some of the factors that affect the price are the location where it is sold, the weather conditions, and supply versus demand, among many others.
- Arugula, on average, is going to range anywhere from $2 to $5 per every seven to ten ounces, depending on your region.
- By the cup, you should not spend any more than $1. By the pound, the costs of arugula can be between $4 and $7.
- On the other hand, according to Wikianswers.com, a tub of young arugula costs around $4.
- At Traderjoes.com, organic arugula is being sold for $2.69 for every bag of seven ounces. The price, however, varies per region. For instance, in the West Coast, a seven ounce package of arugula is sold at $2.29 while the same product is sold at $2.49 in the Midwest and Southeast. In the East Coast, a seven ounce bag of arugula is sold at $2.69, which is more expensive.
What is going to be included?
- Shipping and delivery costs may be incorporated with the selling price. Ask your supplier regarding this.
- Arugula is great for salads and even a stir fry. Combined with almonds and cherries, there are many combinations that can be created with this leafy vegetable.
- Some of the dishes that commonly use arugula as an ingredient are salads, pizza, and pasta.
What are the extra costs?
- In some cases, there may be extra charges for delivery or shipping costs. Generally, the farther the location, the more expensive the delivery costs.
- The arugula is also more expensive in other areas considering that some locations do not have favorable weather for the growth of the arugula plant. As such, the supple of arugula in these areas is limited.
Factors the influence the price:
- Location. Your location in relation to the location where the plant was grown will make difference in the price since the store will have to pay more to get the product.
- Weather. Because the arugula is a plant, the weather will make a huge impact on production. During a drought season, the price will most likely be higher.
- Supply and Demand. If there is a high demand for arugula, the price will be higher until the demand is met.
Tips to know:
- You can grow an arugula well by directly sowing the seed on the ground. You can also use manure or compost before sowing to keep the seed fertilized and well-nourished. Make sure that you regularly water it so that the plant will be hydrated often.
- Arugula grows best in cool weather. You can start planting it in your backyard as early as April.
- You can plant your arugula in a container if there is not enough space in your garden or backyard.
- When arugula is used in a recipe, many people think that it is a garnish and put it to the side. Make sure if you use it at home that you specify to your guests what it is so they can enjoy it!.
How can I save money?
- You can save money by planting and growing your own arugula. Just make sure that your location is ideal for this plant. This way, you would be able to save more money. Instead of buying arugula at the supermarket, you can have this plant within your reach and use it for preparing your food anytime you want. Amazon has a variety of seeds for less than $2.
- Check out various sites online selling arugula or visit your local organic market for discounts and coupons so that you can save money on your next purchase of arugula.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|