How Much Does Baklava Cost?
Desserts are all time favorites for most. Baklava is a type of dessert made with Phyllo dough, butter, nuts, and sugar. Each layer of baklava is sweetened with a syrup that is absorbed through its layers, and it appears to be golden brown after baking. Historically, this dessert is only prepared by wealthy families during special occasions; now, however, anybody who wants to eat this will be able to grab some at an affordable price. It can also be prepared at home as long as the baker knows how to create the dish.
How much is it?
- The price per package of baklava will be anywhere from $20-$50 depending on how many pieces of the pastry the package contains.
- Some bakeries sell baklava at $.99-$1.50 per piece.
- If you intend to bake baklava on your own, the quantity of the product output will determine the cost you will incur.
- A gift basket that has been customized and designed that comes equipped with treats such as baklava can cost upwards of $13 to as much as $40 depending on merchant selling.
What is going to be included?
- Baklava generally includes the gift box or a gift bag. The number of pieces that a bag or package of baklava may contain depends will be determined by the price you have paid.
What are the extra costs?
- Buying Baklava online usually incurs a shipping cost. If you will send it as a gift, you may pay extra for delivery to the recipient.
- If you hire someone to cook the baklava on your behalf, but you need to do the baking process at home, you will spend an extra cost as payment for the baker as well as the cost of the ingredients.
Tips to know:
- Phyllo dough, a dough that is used to make Baklava can be found at many local grocery stores. Generally, you’ll want to check the refrigerated section of your grocery store to find it. Keep in mind that it can dry out rather fast if you don’t refrigerate it fast enough.
- Try adding nuts such as almonds, walnuts and pistachios to give the baklava a nice mix up as well as a new flavor.
- Common spices that can be found in this dish can include cinnamon, cloves and even cardamom.
How can I save money?
- Savings can be earned if you can learn how to make Baklava yourself. If you don’t know how, don’t try to do it without the assistance or guidance of a knowledgeable baker; otherwise, you might just waste the ingredients you have purchased. AllRecipes.com has a few highly rated recipes to try at home.
- Most dealers are offering price cuts for large orders. Hence, you can save if you order a larger quantity. You can earn discounted prices and, at the same time, you will be able to save from shipping fees.
- If you frequently go to a bakery to buy your favorite bread, try asking the baker if he knows how to bake baklava. If you are his frequent customer, may give you discounts or even tips and pointers on how to make it yourself.