How Much Does Balayage Cost?
Balayage is a hair coloring technique where natural looking highlights are created. Because of its overwhelming demand in the hair fashion industry, this service is offered in most salons. One can choose to apply the highlights heavier for dramatic effects, but you can also request to have the application done sparingly. The highlights will generally last for about three months.
How much is it?
- The price difference for Balayage application may depend on the salon, the length and texture of your hair, the experience of the stylist, and other factors.
- Most salons will charge either by the application itself or they may charge by the hour. Be sure to ask about this so you will not be surrised by your final bill.
- The usual charges for a full head application for an average hair length will be between $140 and $200.
- For partial hair highlights, you will probably pay anywhere from $60 to $85 for only one color. If you want more than one color, the price will more than likely go up.
- Salons that charge hourly will most likely cost you $60-$75 per hour. The usual application takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
What is going to be included?
- Customized balayage is an advantage. You can choose your own color and the salon may also suggest appropriate colors for you.
- Most of the time, the price only includes one color.
- While the highlighting of the hair is done, the hairstylist will also do a style for your hair. Some may even trim a few ends of your hair if necessary.
- Balayage is a hair coloring technique that is designed to have the appearance of natural highlights.
- During the procedure, the highlights are going to be painted on by hand using a sweeping motion. This motion will happen from the base and go to the tip of the hair. Toward the base, the color is going to be applied lightly, while toward the top it’s going to be applied on heavy. This is a very time consuming process and depending on the hair, it can take upwards of a few hours.
What are the extra costs?
- If you want to add another color other than the one included in the package balayage services, you will probably add $15-$45 to your total for each additional color.
- Because highlights only last a few months, reapplication is necessary if you want to keep the look. While some salons do charge less for touch-up, it will still be an extra cost.
How can I save money?
- If you know someone who is capable of doing this type of application, consider buying hair color instead of going to the salon.
- There are salons that also offer their regular customers discounts for their balayage services. Inquire with your salon to see if they offer anything like this.
- It can also be cost efficient to go to a trusted salon that offers quality service. Otherwise, you will have to reapply sooner and will end up spending more.