How Much Does Bat Removal Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Bats are commonly found in home attics because of the darkness and climate. Bats are able to squeeze through small openings in the siding, shingles, and other parts of the house, making it very hard to prevent them from coming in. A bat removal service is not only going to be able to get rid of these bats in your home, but they will also be able to find the holes which they are using to enter and give recommendations on how to prevent them from coming back. The cost of bat removal services will vary depending on the number of bats, the situation, the location of your home, and other various factors.
How much is it?
- A simple job with a colony of 50 bats or fewer is going to cost anywhere from $250 to $550.
- A job that has around 100 to 250 bats is going to have more than the normal amount of droppings. In this case, the cost can range from $550 to as much as $1,200 for bat removal and clean-up.
- In a rare case where there is a massive colony of more than 250 bats, most services are going to have to dedicate a lot of time to prevention, cleanup, re-roofing part of the roof, and more. This can cost anywhere from $1,200 to $3,000. Note that the price can be much higher if the number of the bats is extreme (this is rare).
Factors that influence the price:
- The size of the house or the building where the bats are located. A smaller, thousand square foot home is going to be a lot less than a 5 story office building in the heart of the city.
- The condition of the building will also play a factor, as older homes are going to have more spots to patch up, requiring more work that needs to be done.
- The more droppings that are spotted by the company, the more bats that there are to take care of. Generally, this is how a company will determine how many bats are in the home at a given time.
What are the extra costs?
- If the cleanup is more than expected, this can add to the overall cost of the job. Older homes are going to require more patching and “prevention” work, therefore, older home owners will see a larger bill.
What is going to be included?
- Bat removal companies will come to your home for a free consultation. Upon inspecting the house, they will be able to recommend services that they can offer, as well as fairly good ball park as to what it’s going to cost you.
- Upon clean up, bat removal companies will patch up all holes in the home, whether in the roof or siding, as well as ensure that all the bats are gone. Cleanup will also be performed to ensure that the area looks as if bats were never there.
How can I save money?
- For smaller bat problems, consider home remedies. These remedies can cost as little as $20. Traps as well as repellants can assist in removing bats quite effectively.
- If a professional is going to be called in, consider using services such as Service Magic. This will help you find the lowest quote in your area.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|