How Much Does Bleach Cost?
Bleach is a type of chemical that removes color, whitens and disinfect different materials via the process of oxidation. Bleach has many household uses and can accomplish different tasks. For example, if you were to spill something on a white article of clothing or other material, bleach can help you remove it. Regular laundry detergent will help the stain fade but will not get rid of completely like bleach can. Bleach can also remove germs and other harmful substances from surfaces. Most household cleaners contain some type of bleach since it is such a good cleaning agent.
How much does bleach cost?
- Bleach comes in different forms and can be packed in various manners. The most popular kind of bleach is in liquid form. Depending on the type of bleach available, the price can be different. Several manufacturers also sell the product and different stores sell the product; the competition of the market may also affect the price.
- Regular liquid bleach that is offered in 96 fluid ounce bottles can cost $1 to $5.
- Bleach stored in spray bottles can cost $3 to $7 per 32 fluid ounce bottle and most of them are available with scents such as citrus and others.
- Bleach is not limited in liquid form. A bleach mixed with powdered cleaners contains powdered bleach which makes it effective in stain removal as well. This will also cost anywhere from $2 to $7 per package.
- If you have heavy stains and would like to apply concentrated bleach on it, try using a bleach gel pen. This product is great for leather, wool and silk and is priced from $2 to $5 per stick.
- Local chain stores such as Target offer several varieties of bleach as well. The liquid bleach that they sell also offers lavender scent and can cost anywhere from $1 to $3 per bottle. A lemon scented toilet bowl cleaner retails $2 to $5.
What is going to be included?
- Bleach is a very strong chemical and can be hazardous if accidentally ingested. It comes in containers that are safely sealed and designed to prevent accidental spillage. These caps are child-proof to protect children from potential danger.
- Aside from the regular variety of bleach, you can also purchase bleach that comes in different scents which can add fragrance to the materials that you are cleaning. This is also helpful to those who are sensitive to the smell of bleach.
- Bleach can come specially formulated to be used in different parts of the house. For example, there are bleach cleaners specifically made for use in the kitchen, while others are made for use in the bathroom.
- Bleach can come in liquid or powder form, concentrated or diluted, or can come in wipes that are convenient to use and toss.
What are the extra costs?
- Bleach is a product that can be readily used so there is no need to worry about added costs when buying it. If you buy online, however, expect to pay for shipping charges.
Tips to know:
- Bleach can take out the color of any fabric so this is generally used for white colored fabric. Make sure that you do not accidentally mix it with colored materials as it can fade the color of them.
- The smell of bleach can be very strong and can cause asthma attacks or the feeling of being light-headed if the room in which you are using it is not well-ventilated. Be sure to open a window and keep the doors open to prevent this reaction.
- If you buy concentrated bleach, make sure you dilute it with water before use. One cap full of bleach can go a long way.
How can I save money?
- If you are not planning to use lots of bleach, you can buy a small bottle rather than the big one. However, you can save by purchasing bulk packages of bleach and saving the extra for future use.
- Many major brands such as Clorox will often have coupons readily available online and the weekly ads. If you are having a hard time finding them, consider checking their social media pages.
- The local dollar store will often have no-name bleach available for sale. Most bleach is the same, so do not think you have to stick with a name brand.
- Instead of purchasing a spray bottle of bleach, which can be more expensive, you can make your own. Simply purchase a spray bottle that can be reused and mix some bleach with water to make your own solution.