How Much Does Box Braids Cost?
Box braids are a popular hairstyle that offers flexibility to those who wear braids. If you are tired of your usual hairstyles, maybe it is time that you try box braids. Since these are braids that are not braided to the scalp, they can be styled in many ways as well. Famous celebrities like Beyonce, Brandy and Solange Knowles, to name a few, are noted to wear box braids with glamour and elegance. Like them, you can also have the said hairstyle. You can do this hair style on your own or with the help of a friend. However, if you would like to have professional results, you can have it done in a hair salon.
How much does it cost?
- The price for box braiding your hair can vary from one hair salon to another. However, the average costs run from $65 to $220, depending on the hair length, the size of your head, and the size of the braids. The cost can also be determined by the salon you choose as well as the area in which you live.
- If you have lengthy hair, then you can easily have it box braided. However, for people with shorter hair who want to take on this hairstyle, hair extensions will be a must. According to Madamenoire.com, simple braiding hair will get the job done. One can use Kanekalon jumbo braid hair that costs around $2.99 per pack. As for the braiding itself, there will be a separate fee.
- Braidsforless.Webs.com, a site that offers affordable price packages for different styles of braids, gives the range of $100 to $125 for box braids. Specifically, a hundred dollars is charged for medium sized single braids and $125 for a smaller size.
- Almost the same price range is given by YourNaturalImage.com. The site states on its pricing page that individual box braids are priced at $100 to $200.
- The price differs from kids and adults. Emanisalon.com, for example, offers a minimum price of $150 for adult box braids (either Invisible Braids or Corn Rows) but is less than $100 for younger kids.
What is going to be included?
- As mentioned, if you have a lengthy hair you can go to a hair salon and have it braided immediately. If not, then you can make use of hair extensions.
- Basically, what you pay for is the service of braiding your hair alone. The inclusions such as hair treatments to be applied in order to make the hair perfect for braiding may depend to the salon.
- As for the process of braiding, it usually takes 5 hours to box braid an entire set of adult hair.
What are the extra costs?
- Aside from the service itself, there are no known costs for box braids, unless you have short hair and need to use hair extensions. Hair extensions can be a bit pricey if you do not know where to shop. However, they usually run from $2.50 to $5 per pack. In addition, if you wish to have other hair treatments, then you will pay for them separately.
- Most hair stylists expect a tip for a job such as box braids. Because box braiding a person’s hair can take so long, a generous tip is a good idea. Plan about$20 or more.
- For the proper care of box braids, hair stylists will suggest a certain oil to be applied. Some may throw this in with the service while others may charge separately for it. There are basic oils that simply keep the hair from getting tangled and falling out, but there are more expensive ones that claim to revitalize the hair and actually improve it.
Tips to know:
- If you decide to have box braids, you must consider the fact that braids must be worn at least two months. If you decide to take them out after a week, chances are you will lose a lot of hair. Also, you should be careful that the stylist does not braid your hair too tightly, especially near the edges. As we all know, hair loss can occur if the hair is pulled too tightly. Extremely tights braids can also be uncomfortable and cause headaches.
- Experts’ advice says that you must wash your braids once a week so when you take them out your hair is not tangled and dirty. As for the daily treatment, putting oil on the hair does the trick.
- According to ClucthMagOnline.com, you must always keep your braid clean and your scalp and hair moisturized.
How can I save money?
- Look for a salon near you that offer cheap prices for quality box braids.
- If you can do it on your own or with the help of a friend, then do so. That will save you a great deal of money. However, just make sure that you do it right so it does not end up being a waste of time.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|