How Much Does Camping Cost?
Camping is a perfect example of an outdoor recreational activity. Campers usually leave urban areas to enjoy nature and wildlife while spending several days and nights outdoors. A tent is usually associated with camping since this is the most commonly used shelter as it is easy to build and collapse. The price for camping varies depending on the location where you want to camp as well as the supplies you need to bring. Other factors that change the price of camping are the number of people joining the camp, as state parks usually charge per head or per group. Different state parks have different fees based on the number of people in a group.
How much is it?
- On average, camping is going to cost anyhwere from $10 to as much as $75 per night. The typical site can be from $20 to $35 a night. RV camp sites are going to cost more than a tent since hook up is going to be required for electricity.
- For example, in the state of Pennsylvania, the base price for camping can be anywhere from $15 to $27 per night for a group. The state of California, the camping price is offered from $35 to $70 per night. This fee will cover a group of people and will just include the campsite.
- The state of Ohio offers camping prices at various amounts. A primitive campsite will cost $10 to $16, as there are no amenities on the site and it is undefined. A standard campsite that includes a table or grill and has a tent pad can cost $12 to $18. Companion campsites will include amenities for a greater number of people. This will also include grills and tables and can cost $26 to $42.
What are the extra costs?
- If you don’t want to experience camping without the amenities you’ve gotten used to in the city, additional charges will be applied for additional amenities. The charge for these amenities is per night which includes electricity, water, sewer, and the vehicle. The price for these extras starts at $5 to $28.
- Camping gear is not provided and you will have to purchase your own tent and other equipment such as a sleeping bag, firewood, food, and more. Many campsites have shops on site where you can purchase all the necessities.
What is going to be included?
- Depending on the camping package that you use, the inclusions can be different. Some more expensive packages will include all the amenities listed above.
- Camping sites will include a small patch of land that is numbered and sectioned off. Sites can be on the lake, in the woods, or near other campsites, depending on the size of the campground.
How can I save money?
- Try to camp in groups. This can provide you a larger and cheaper place which can include amenities that will make your camping experience more convenient.
- Look for parks that can offer low price camping fees if you are going with just a few people. Once you find one, choose standard campsites offered at a lower price.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|