How Much Does Concealer Cost?
Concealer, sometimes referred to as cover-up, is a make up product that is used to cover up anything from blemishes to dark circles under the eyes. As women grow older and experience the challenges and responsibilities of being an adult, life begins to wear on the face. Preserving youth and an even skin tone is a need that many women in society desire. Makeup has been a staple in the fashion industry for some time, and everyday a new product comes out to restore youthful complexions and hide blemishes. Concealer can also be used by teenage girls who struggle with acne. There are many different types of concealers and many different brands that make them. The price will depend on the type that you choose, the size of the product, the brand, and the store that is selling it.
How much does it cost?
- On average, concealer costs between $5 to over $7, depending on brand, ingredients, and overall effectiveness of the product.
- For example, Walgreens sells a variety of brands for $8 to as much as $20.
- The popular NYX Cosmetics Concealer retails for $5 to $7 on Amazon.
- Makeupgeek.com compiled a list of the best concealers on the market today. Most of the best sellers range from $22 to as much as $35. These are for the types of concealer that are made by brands that have gained a high reputation in the business.
What is going to be included?
- Concealer is a cosmetic that is used to make dark circles, age spots, large pores, and pimples. Concealer is used by people of all ages, including women and men, and is also known as color corrector. While it is similar to foundation, it is thicker in order to blend the imperfections into the surrounding skin tone.
- Concealer can come in the form of a liquid, cream, or solid and can be applied in a variety of ways.
- Pot concealer is the heaviest and thickest types of concealers. They come in containers called pots, which have a circular screw top lid. This type of concealer can either be applied with the fingers or thick flat brushes. Pot concealers work best on blemishes, and a very small amount can provide a lot of coverage.
- Tube and wand concealers come in a package very similar to lip gloss or mascara. This type of concealer is usually thinner than pot concealers and are best used for dark circles under the eyes or under eye imperfections.
- Stick concealers look much like a tube of lipstick. The concealer will simply be rubbed on the face in the desired location and can be twisted up for usage or down for storage. Whether it use for blemishes or under the eyes is determined by the thickness and the shine of the concealer.
- Concealer is normally is applied after primer but before foundation.
- Popular brands include L’Oreal, Dermablend, Maybelline and Revlon.
What are the extra costs?
- Some concealers include age-defying ingredients and others include sunscreen along with how well it blends into the skin and other cosmetics.
- Also keep in mind the quality of the silicone and oils in the concealer will have an effect on price.
Tips to know
- When applying concealer, dab it on the places where it is needed, then lightly use your finger to blend into the skin. If rubbed too hard, it will not only irritate the eye but also remove the applied concealer.
- When selecting a concealer, many choose a color that is a few shades lighter than their skin tone and foundation color in order to be more effective in hiding dark circles and dark spots.
- Also consider the undertone colors of the concealer. For example, the color yellow is most effective for hiding dark circles, green and blue can counter pink skin undertones as well as red patches, and purple is used to add vibrancy and color to sallow skin tones.
How can I save money?
- Doing research on different concealer brands will empower you to make informed decisions on what exactly you need. You do not want to overpay for concealer features that you do not need, but you also do not want to skimp on one of the most popular products in the makeup market.
- Drugstores carry makeup regularly and often send out coupons to locals around the vicinity to the store as well as their rewards memberships. Speaking of drugstores, they often have their own brand of makeup that is comparable to the mainstream labels, but much more affordable.
- Shopping online is another way to save money by browsing websites such as Amazon, eBay, etc.
- Also join the email list for online distributors selling makeup because you might get a coupon or a special promo such as free shipping. And finally, another way to save money is to become a distributor for companies that sell makeup such as Mary Kay or Avon.