How Much Does ELISA Test Cost?
The ELISA, or enzyme linked immunosorbent assay, is a test that can determine whether or not a person has certain medical conditions. Tests like these are extremely important since the results can determine whether a person lives or dies. Finding what the ailment is can be very important due to the fact that the condition can be treated faster. The earlier a disease is found, the easier the treatment may be and the less it may affect the person. The ELISA test can be performed by different medical laboratories and can help doctors diagnose infections such as HIV, Lyme disease, or West Nile. They can also be used to determine fertility and to discover different food allergies. This test is specific for different antibodies which measure the levels of different substances in the blood.
How much is it?
- The price of ELISA test depends on several factors. Since ELISA test kits can be manufactured by several companies, each can offer the test for different prices. The price of a test kit will also depend on the type of disease for which it was designed to test. There are different online stores that offer the test kit at various prices as well. On average, plan on spending at least $80 to as much as $300 for the kit. This will not include any of the professional readings by a medical professional.
- Rapid Test.com is an online service that sell various kinds of ELISA tests that can detect different kinds of ailments. This includes cardiac markers ELISA kits as well as allergy ELISA kits. You can purchase these kits for anywhere from $80 to $325.
- Diagnostic Automation is another website where you can find ELISA test kits. The site also offers different kinds of ELISA test kits that range from cancer to fertility ELISA test kits. Each of the test kits sold in this site has a shelf life of at least 12 months and they can usually cost anywhere from $89 to $245.
- If you have any doubts concerning your well being and feel that you may have HIV, you can visit E HIV Test’s website. The test kits sold through this site are made specifically to determine sexually transmitted diseases. One type of test kit offered through their site is the standard ELISA HIV test which is priced anywhere from $89 to $95. This type of test is used all around the world and can detect antibodies for HIV.
What is going to be included?
- If you have taken the standard HIV testing kit and have confirmed that the results are positive, a second test which is called the Western Blot test should be performed automatically at no added cost.
- With this test, antibodies in the blood will be detected. If the test is being done in a lab, some of the patient’s blood will be taken and will then be sent to the lab for testing. If the kit is being used at home, the test will be done in a similar way by taking small blood sample and then sending it to a lab.
What are the extra costs?
- If you tested positive for any of the medical conditions for which you were tested, you should see a physician immediately to make sure that the test results are accurate. At this time an evaluation for proper treatment will be made. This is one of the additional costs to be considered after you have taken the test.
- Depending on the service, some companies will charge for the initial kit but will then charge for an accurate reading down the road. Each company will work in a different way, so it is best to know what exactly they are going to charge.
Tips to know:
- If you have any suspicion of a certain disease, make sure you get tests early. The sooner you are tested, the sooner you can begin treatment of the problem. Getting an early diagnosis for any medical condition is important since this can prevent any situation that can worsen the condition of the body in the long run.
How can I save money?
- Since there are a lot of companies that manufacture and sell ELISA test kits, there are a lot of companies from which you can choose. The test kits are offered at different prices so you can buy from a source that offers it at a low price.
- Check with your health insurance company since most of the time, it will cover the costs. The patient will only be responsible for the co-pay and deductible.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|