How Much Does Fascia Cost?
Fascia board is featured by many houses, if not all. Fascia boards are the timbers at the edge of the roofs. They are mounted on the exposed ends at the top of exterior walls. They serve an aesthetic function, as well as protection of the interior part of the house from weather damage. The cost of this board is going to vary depending on the size, the quality, and more.
How much is it?
- Non-painted wood Fascia board costs $2 to $4 per linear foot.
- Aluminum fascia costs $1.50 to $3 per 3.5 linear feet. Vinyl fascia costs $1.50 to $2 per 3 linear feet. Aluminum soffits will cost $1.70 to $3.25 per 3 linear feet.
- Vinyl soffits range from $1.50 to $3 per 3 linear feet. Decorative trims such as wall moldings can cost $6 to $12 per linear feet. Decorative and functional vents cost around $80 to $150 each.
- For a 2,200 square foot house that has 10 windows, using a 0.46 thick vinyl siding, the cost can be around $15,000 to $23,000 including the wrap windows, soffits and siding.
- For example, a home that has all the fascias and soffits with PVC, the roof is tiled and it has two “hips,” there is a bay window at the front and the soffits are the usual 6” wide all round but wider on each side of the bay can cost up to $500 to $2,000.
- According to a forum topic over at DIYChatRoom.com, a user had paid $15 per foot for board. This came down to $1,500 for 35 feet worth of boards to be installed.
What is going to be included?
- Delivery and handling of the materials may or may not be included depending on the area. Most will require that you purchase a minimum amount before they give you the shipping for free.
- Some service providers will give price estimates for free. When you choose them to be the contractor, they usually include the cost of the delivery, as well as the labor.
What are the extra costs?
- If there are some parts of the house to be replaced such as the tiles and tipping, that can be another cost to factor in. Most contractors will be able to point out all the problems that they spot on a home.
- If a scaffolding is needed, this will cost you around $300 to purchase. If you choose to rent scaffolding, the cost be a little lower.
- Painting may be needed after the job is completed. This is another factor to consider.
- The labor cost will also depend on the existing rate in your area if you choose to go with a professional contracting company. Keep in mind that some contractors are going to add on premiums if they have to place boards higher than normal.
How can I save money?
- Ask for quotes from different providers so you can compare the rates and be able to find the cheapest. Be sure to use services such as Service Magic. This type of service will be able to help you find the cheapest contractor in your area.
- Make sure to choose durable materials so you can save from the future maintenance costs. Don’t always go the cheapest route!
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing!|