How Much Does FieldTurf Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
FieldTurf is an artificial turf that is used to form football fields or indoor soccer fields. This type of turf is manufactured from synthetic fibers that look like real grass and can oftentimes look even better. FieldTurf, an artificial grass company, is made from washed silica sand and cryogenic fiber. FieldTurf is used in many different types of stadiums and is widely used in stadiums used for sporting activities. In smaller quantities, FieldTurf can be used at a home as replacement for natural grass.
How much does FieldTurf cost?
- FieldTurf is sold by dealers nationwide and the price depends on the dealer, the size of the area and the type of FieldTurf grass. On average, the price of field turf can range anywhere from $1 to as much as $4 per square feet.
- For example, TurfOutlet.com is an online merchant that offers field turf that can be used in a variety of locations. It can be used for landscaping, batting cages, and even for paintball courses. This turf is manufactured locally in the United States and they can be purchased for $1 to $3 per square feet.
- Another online store that sells field turf is PerfectTurfInc.com. This merchant offers FieldTurf that is priced anywhere from $1 to $4 per square foot. The price of FieldTurf depends heavily on where the field turf will be used.
What is going to be included?
- FieldTurf is made from different materials that resemble soil and natural grass. There are different components that make up FieldTurf and this includes synthetic grass. FieldTurf is designed to withstand abuse and this is the reason that it is widely used in arenas used for sporting events.
What are the extra costs?
- You will have to put the FieldTurf in place after you buy it. This would be very tough to do yourself, but you can hire a contractor to install it for you. Contractors charge for this service based on their location as well as the reputation of their company. Contractors can either charge per hour or per job completion. To find a contractor, consider using services such as ServiceMagic.com to find lower quotes in your area.
- Although FieldTurf does not require watering, it will still need maintenance. The need for maintenance does not come until the FieldTurf is about 5 years old. Ask your dealer for maintenance procedures that they offer.
- If you purchase the FieldTurf through an online dealer, you will have to pay shipping fees. Sometimes dealers will include this if you spend over a certain amount, but not always.
Tips to know:
- If you are not planning to plant anything on your lawn, you can use FieldTurf as a substitute since it looks great and does not require maintenance such as mowing the lawn. FieldTurf also helps homeowners in saving water.
- If you do not have any time to take care of your lawn or if you do not want to be burdened with high maintenance cost, field turf may be perfect for you.
- Most FieldTurf products don’t have a lifetime guarantee. On average, turf will last anywhere from 8 to 10 years if treated right.
How can I save money?
- The initial investment that you have to make for FieldTurf can be big but the savings will be noticeable in the long run. Most FieldTurf does not require maintenance for up to 5 years. The grass does not wither, which means you do not need to water it constantly. This will save you on water costs.
- Look for dealers that can supply FieldTurf to you at the lowest price. There are several dealers in your area that can provide the product and they can price it competitively. Look online for good deals as well.