How Much Does Field Turf Cost?
Field turf is an artificial turf that is used to form football fields, indoor soccer fields, and many other venues. This is the reason that a football field always looks green, lush, and healthy and very rarely gets marred or destroyed. This type of turf is manufactured from synthetic fibers that look like real grass and can oftentimes look even better.
Artificial turf is manufactured by different companies, but one of the more popular brands that makes artificial turf is Field Turf. This type of turf is made from washed silica sand and cryogenic fiber. Field Turf is used in many different types of stadiums and is widely used in stadiums used for sporting activities. In smaller quantities, Field Turf can be used at a home as replacement for natural grass.
How much does field turf cost?
- Field Turf is sold by dealers nationwide and the price depends on the dealer through which you purchase the product. The price would also depend on the location where you will purchase the Field Turf from. Different qualities of Field Turf would also dictate the price of the product, while the amount of Field Turf that you purchase can also affect the price.
- On average, the price of field turf can range anywhere from $1 to as much as $4 per square feet.
- For example, TurfOutlet.com is an online merchant that offers field turf that can be used in a variety of locations. It can be used for landscaping, batting cages, and even for paintball courses. This turf is manufactured locally in the United States and they can be purchased for $1 to $3 per square feet.
- Another online store that sells field turf is PerfectTurfInc.com. This merchant offers field turf that is priced anywhere from $1 to $4 per square foot. The price of field turf depends heavily on where the field turf will be used.
What is going to be included?
- Field Turf is made from different materials that resemble soil and natural grass. There are different components that make up field turf and this includes synthetic grass. Field Turf is designed to withstand abuse and this is the reason that it is widely used in arenas used for sporting events.
What are the extra costs?
- You will have to put the Field Turf in place after you buy it. This would be very tough to do yourself, but you can hire a contractor to install it for you. Contractors charge for this service based on their location as well as the reputation of their company. Contractors can either charge per hour or per job completion. To find a contractor, consider using services such as ServiceMagic.com to find lower quotes in your area.
- Although field turf does not require watering, it will still need maintenance. The need for maintenance does not come until the field turf is about 5 years old. Ask your dealer for maintenance procedures that they offer.
- If you purchase the field turf through an online dealer, you will have to pay shipping fees. Sometimes dealers will include this if you spend over a certain amount, but not always.
Tips to know:
- If you are not planning to plant anything on your lawn, you can use Field Turf as a substitute since it looks great and does not require maintenance such as mowing the lawn. Field Turf also helps homeowners in saving water.
- If you do not have any time to take care of your lawn or if you do not want to be burdened with high maintenance cost, field turf may be perfect for you.
- Most field turf doesn’t have a lifetime guarantee. On average, turf will last anywhere from 8 to 10 years if treated right.
How can I save money?
- The initial investment that you have to make for Field Turf can be big but the savings will be noticeable in the long run. Most field turf does not require maintenance for up to 5 years. The grass does not wither, which means you do not need to water it constantly. This will save you on water costs.
- Look for dealers that can supply field turf to you at the lowest price. There are several dealers in your area that can provide the product and they can price it competitively. Look online for good deals as well.