How Much Does Firewood Cost?
Firewood used to be the only option people had for many different daily routines. Before electricity, firewood was used to heat the home, to heat water in which people could bathe, and to cook the food for the family. Today, firewood is mostly used for recreation or relaxation. Having a campfire or warming yourself by the fireplace are two of the main things for which people use firewood.
There are different types of firewood depending on the tree form which it is taken. Branches and trunks are best used as firewood, and trees that do not absorb too much moisture are the best to use since they can be lit up more easily. Different types of firewood also provide different heat values depending on the tree. For example, Tamarack offers different levels of heat compared to a Birch Tree.
How much does firewood cost?
- Firewood can come from different types of trees, but the trees that provide the highest levels of heat are Tamarack, Birch, Red Fir and White Fir trees. The prices of the wood would depend on the tree as well as how big the piece of firewood is. The number of firewood that you will purchase is also a factor for the price of firewood.
- On average, firewood can cost around $20 for 4 bundles that have 24 logs. Logs in cords can cost anywhere from $35 to $250 per cord.
- For example, an online service such as Frank’s Firewood Boonville sell firewood in cords and the price varies depending on the type of wood. If you buy oak firewood, you should be able to find it being sold for $280 to $330 per cord. Dry and partially seasoned varieties are also available. You can also buy softwood which is priced from $250 to $260 per cord.
What is going to be included?
- Firewood can come from different trees and can provide different levels of heat. They are usually sold in cords or bundles, and the number of firewood pieces per cord can be different depending on the size of each piece.
- If your area is close to the establishment that sells firewood, they may offer free delivery for the service.
- Firewood used for barbecue often produces the distinct flavor you taste in different meats when they are grilled. Different restaurants offer several flavors of barbecue depending on the firewood used.
What are the extra costs?
- Establishments that sell firewood would usually charge for delivery of the product. The price of delivery charges would vary depending on the distance between the store and the place of delivery.
Tips to know:
- It has been said that firewood can produce more heat for less amount of money. According to recent studies, you will be able to save up to $400 a year compared when using propane, kerosene and wood pellets.
- If there are other ways you can find to provide energy aside from using firewood, you should consider that alternative. Trees are becoming more scarce, and the effects on the environment can be catastrophic.
How can I save money?
- If there are no other sources of energy readily available in your area, you can use firewood since the total cost of using it would be much cheaper than using other types of materials as an energy source.
- Check local suppliers that can sell you firewood since they can deliver the firewood for free. The price of delivery is not cheap since establishments use big trucks to deliver the firewood and it takes a lot of work to load and unload the firewood.