How Much Does Flagstone Cost?
|Need a pro near you? Get multiple quotes for free online. Get your quote now >>|
Flagstone is one of the many resources we can obtain from the earth. Flagstone if the name given to flat stones that are generally used for landscaping and home building. Most people are familiar with flagstone since it is present at many homes and businesses. Flagstone can be used as slabs for pavement as well as for complete walkways. The flagstone originates from sandstone and is usually quarried. Flagstone has been around for a long time, and it has been used extensively in landscaping. Flagstone can also be placed on the outside of a home for a decorative siding or to make a patio in the backyard.
How much does flagstone cost?
- Flagstone is usually sold by different rock and stone suppliers, but can sometimes also be found at local home improvement stores. Flagstone can be offered at different prices based on several factors, but the main factors are the size of the stone as well as its thickness. Flagstone is also processed to become suitable for different building materials and this will also have an effect on the price of the stone. The suppliers who sell the flagstone can offer it at different prices, but will usually be competitive with other local providers. On average, plan on spending anywhere from $5 to $13 per square foot, or $1 to $3 per piece. Flagstone can also be purchased by the ton if you need it in bulk for a large project. It will cost $100 to $400 per ton depending on the type.
- Rock N Rollin Rock. is an online store from which you can purchase flagstone. The flagstone and other types of stones that they sell are competitively priced which makes them cheaper. They also note that the market constantly changes and therefore the price can become different. They sell metro block flagstones which can cost $1 to $2 per piece depending on the size. You can also buy 2 types of pavers from this site; standard pavers are priced from $92 to $145 per pallet and tumbled pavers are offered for $135 to $225 depending on the size.
- EarthSourceJax.com is another supplier that sells flagstone that can cover large areas. This supplier offers a variety of flagstone and can cover 80 to 285 square feet. They have flagstones such as buff patio and Carolina rose. Each is sold per ton and can cost anywhere from $295 to $899. Another type of flagstone that can be purchased from this site is the sawed flagstone which is usually priced for $7 to $12 per square foot.
What is going to be included?
- Composed mostly of feldspar, this stone contains a significant amount of quartz. It can come in many colors and is very versatile for landscaping projects. This type of stone is often used for pavement or even structures such as benches and patios.
- Since flagstones is used for different types of landscaping, it is molded into various designs. It is also available in a variety of colors which can be used to complement your other landscaping or surrounding areas.
- Depending on the supplier, delivery may be included in the cost.
What are the extra costs?
- Most of the sellers of flagstones charge for the delivery of the stones. Remember that there is a minimum purchase required if you want the delivery charges waived. The charge for the delivery would usually depend on the distance of the seller to your location.
- If you would like to hire someone to place the flagstone for you, you will have to pay for this service. Most landscaping services will charge either per square foot or per job. If you are using this product to side a portion of your house, you will need to hire a siding company or even a home construction consultant. This will probably cost quite a bit more than a simple side walk or patio.
Tips to know:
- Flagstone is one of the most commonly used stones for landscaping, although there are others available for use. If you feel that flagstones would not fit the look of your landscape, you can use other kinds of stones.
- If you are planning to lay the flagstone yourself, make sure you follow the proper procedures. If the ground underneath the side walk is not level, for instance, it could cave in or rise up fairly easily.
How can I save money?
- Check with suppliers of flagstones from around your area to make sure that you can get it at a low price for the delivery as they are closer to your location.
- If you are going to buy a lot of flagstone, consider buying from a single source since stores often offer discounted price for bulk orders. They may also offer free delivery if you meet the minimum purchase requirements.
- If you are hiring a service to place the flagstone for you, it is best to purchase the flagstone through them as well since they will probably get it for much cheaper than you can by yourself.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|