How Much Does Ginger Cost?
Ginger is one of the many spices that can be used to add flavor to your food. Different spices can add different tastes to each dish, from enhancing the flavor, making the food spicy, etc. Ginger is especially popular in oriental dishes and considered a delicacy. In addition to be used as a spice, ginger can be used as a medicine and to make tea. However, using ginger in food remains the most common use of the spice.
How much is it?
- Ginger is not that expensive and it can be purchased in a lot of grocery stores as well as in different market places. Ginger is usually sold in bulk and the price would depend on the amount of ginger that is available in the area, anf this can depend on the time of the year. The price of ginger would also depend on factors such as the price stores charge for it and how much ginger is being purchased.
- On average, ginger can cost anywhere from $5 to $10 per pound. Smaller quantities such as four ounces, the prices can vary from $1.50 to $3.
- For instance, a pack of 2 Frontier ginger grounded roots retails for $15 to $28 for two 16 ounce packages.
- Herbco.com is an online retailer that sells ginger in smaller quantities and can be purchased fresh or in powder form. The price of the ginger sold by this store can range from $6 to $9 per pound.
What is going to be included?
- Ginger has several properties that make it a unique addition to any dish. It is spicy and stimulating to the palate but can taste sweet at the same time. Ginger has significant culinary use and can be made into candied ginger as well.
What are the extra costs?
- There are no added costs when you buy ginger since its a type of spice that can be used as is. However, if you purchase ginger online, you would be charged for the shipping of the ginger.
Tips to know:
- Ginger serves several purposes and is a versatile type of spice. Ginger is often used in oriental cuisines adding that much needed spice and stimulation to the food with which they are mixed.
- It has been said that ginger tea can treat a hoarse voice or clogging of the throat or nose. You would be able to brew the ginger and add a bit of sugar to turn it into a tea. The taste can be a bit spicy, but it is really good especially in cold weather.
- There are different by products of ginger available in the market. Some stores carry powdered ginger which makes it easier to add it to the dish you are cooking. Ginger supplements are also available in the form of capsules or tablets.
How can I save money?
- Ginger is not that expensive and you can purchase it from several grocery stores. It also cost less if there are ample supplies in your area. If you decide to order online, just find the store that sells the ginger at the lowest price.
- Ginger does have a long shelf life as long as you store it at room temperature. However, do not buy too much ginger at one time if you only use it sparingly. Buy just the appropriate amount of ginger that you need to make sure that it does not spoil.
|Help us! Did you get a quote before? Did you make the purchase? Help our community by sharing! Every month, we choose a random comment and award them with a $25 Amazon.com gift card.|